Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

That has to be because of the covid rule, right? I can’t imagine teams from back in the 80’s when everyone stayed 4 years weren’t pretty experienced too. 

I think so since we now have a ton of 5th year players. Still 2 more years before most of that freshman class are out of eligibility?

Looked into this a bit after it came across my feed and, yeah, there is decent chunk of Hoya Twitter trashing the idea of Cooley to Georgetown. No words for that. Seriously doubt he would take the gig and burn down his God-status in his hometown, but, my God, are fans stupid. 

35 minutes ago, Demo said:

Looked into this a bit after it came across my feed and, yeah, there is decent chunk of Hoya Twitter trashing the idea of Cooley to Georgetown. No words for that. Seriously doubt he would take the gig and burn down his God-status in his hometown, but, my God, are fans stupid. 

That's crazy. He's a good coach. What kind of reasons are they giving? Is he just not a big enough name?

5 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

By that single metric Illinois really underperforming.  ETA- I guess Mich State too. 

Illinois has a bunch of transfers that had not produced in some cases as expected , as opposed to Dukes top rated players as an example, which tells me some of those guys were not performing rather than Illinois not performing.

10 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Nothing says "we should've been in the NCAA Tournament instead of the NIT" quite as well as losing the first game of the NIT.

See Robert Morris vs. #1 seed Kentucky, 2013 NIT...:103:

7 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Larry sux as a referee. But don't know what to think about this lawsuit. Bet the city settles with a large settlement. 

Let's just say ... it's complicated. Fort Lauderdale has a substantial city legal department, and one would hope that firing a police chief with cause would not be done without carefully examining the potetnial financial fallout for the taxpayers.

Ad yes- he's a sux ref.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Let's just say ... it's complicated. Fort Lauderdale has a substantial city legal department, and one would hope that firing a police chief with cause would not be done without carefully examining the potetnial financial fallout for the taxpayers.

Ad yes- he's a sux ref.

Retired from a decent -sized municipality.  It isn't how prepared the government is. They just want the bad press to go away. Elected officials don't want their administration raked through the coals. Settle they will..bet a beer.

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Retired from a decent -sized municipality.  It isn't how prepared the government is. They just want the bad press to go away. Elected officials don't want their administration raked through the coals. Settle they will..bet a beer.

I'm thinking a $150, 000 GTFO payment will be about right.

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For someone so worried about his reputation... You'd think he'd be a better ref considering everyone thinks he's the worst of the worst. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

For someone so worried about his reputation... You'd think he'd be a better ref considering everyone thinks he's the worst of the worst. 

I told the people sitting near us they were in for a treat with him on the whistle. Lol.   Did not disappoint.  

0168A1E4-9A98-46DD-97F6-8E7296641AC4.jpeg