Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

34 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Dude is from France. Why did he even bother going to college if he's going to do this?

This is from 2 months ago but it has him as a second round pick: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/yohan-traore/

I think this kid got confused by hanging out with too many SEC football players and just assumed skipping the post season when you’re not a natty favorite was a basketball thing too. 

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Just looked, Traore was a 5 star, 24th ranked recruit last year.  I imagine this is either a precursor to him going back to Europe and playing professionally or a precursor to him putting his name in the transfer portal.

Well that is ridiculous! Hopefully this doesn't become a thing and ruin college basketball. Can't believe this guys stats and he thinks he's going pro? You can't get minutes against kids and you think your going to compete against grown men at a professional level? Get real

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Took my ratings and isolated just the past 3 weeks (Feb 20 - Mar 12) to see what level each team has played at during that period.  Here are the top 25:

1 Gonzaga
2 Texas
3 Utah St
4 UCLA
5 FL Atlantic
6 Memphis
7 Connecticut
8 Clemson
9 Alabama
10 Kentucky
11 Houston
12 West Virginia
13 Duke
14 Tennessee
15 Arizona
16 VCU
17 Hofstra
18 Drake
19 Purdue
20 Xavier
21 BYU
22 USC
23 San Diego St
24 Texas A&M
25 Michigan

6 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Took my ratings and isolated just the past 3 weeks (Feb 20 - Mar 12) to see what level each team has played at during that period.  Here are the top 25:

1 Gonzaga
2 Texas
3 Utah St
4 UCLA
5 FL Atlantic
6 Memphis
7 Connecticut
8 Clemson
9 Alabama
10 Kentucky
11 Houston
12 West Virginia
13 Duke
14 Tennessee
15 Arizona
16 VCU
17 Hofstra
18 Drake
19 Purdue
20 Xavier
21 BYU
22 USC
23 San Diego St
24 Texas A&M
25 Michigan

Duke won 9 in a row during that time period

Filled out my serious bracket last night..most challening one ever!!

IU- I have IU beating Kent State and then Drake. I think Omier is a huge injury for Miami. As for Houston-IU I picked Houston. However, if Sasser is really banged up (have to assume he will be fine to play) they could lose in the Sweet 16 or 2nd round. 

South: Arizona over Alabama with Furman and Baylor in the Sweet 16. I'll be stunned if it's not Arizona-Alabama in the Elite 8. Baylor or Creighton could maybe get there. 

Midwest: Houston over Texas with Xavier and IU in the Sweet 16. Any 4 of these teams could make the Final 4. IF Sasser is hurt I probably pick Texas. I'd like Xavier if Freemantle was playing. 

West: Gonzaga over UConn with Kansas and UCLA in the Sweet 16. My pick would be UCLA but the injury to Clark hurts..especially in a game against Gonzaga. Kansas just isn't deep and I think UConn could expose that. 

East: Marquette over Duke with Memphis and Kentucky in the Sweet 16. Yes...I have Memphis beating Purdue in the 2nd round. Dukies will get them in the Sweet 16...if they could get by Oral Roberts. I'm picking Marquette because they are hot right now. However, I could see Michigan State getting to a Final 4. Izzo has done more with less. 

Give me Arizona over Houston in the final..and I don't feel great about it.