Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

ORU factoid you’ll be the only one on your block who knows: For the 1st 30 or so years of the school’s existence, including the full 6 I was there, they were the Titans. Then, somebody finally realized that the Titans were the old gods of Greek mythology and just maybe that wasn’t the most appropriate mascot for a devout Methodist University. Turned into quite the tempest in a teapot for a minute. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

24 wins against NET 142 and above plus  4 other wins against non d1 teams 

0-4 against top 50 teams the road 

1 win against the NET top 141 (Liberty-43)

So about the same quality as Houston.  A joke but when St. Mary's and Virginia are the only wins against ranked teams, I'm not impressed.  No way should they be overall #1 with that resume.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

ORU factoid you’ll be the only one on your block who knows: For the 1st 30 or so years of the school’s existence, including the full 6 I was there, they were the Titans. Then, somebody finally realized that the Titans were the old gods of Greek mythology and just maybe that wasn’t the most appropriate mascot for a devout Methodist University. Turned into quite the tempest in a teapot for a minute. 

Messiah Jones from Wofford is in the portal.

PLEASE let him transfer to Oral Roberts.  The jokes write themselves.

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fall asleep during champ week and you miss out on good ones.    Montana St in 2OT and Utah Tech in OT in the very late games last night.    Looking forward to seeing how they ended 

So I take it you're on the Matthew Mayer diet this week?

43 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Screenshot_20230308-083004-898.png

They were disappointing but they answered the question of which was the real UNC team last year - the regular season UNC or the NCAAT UNC. The answer was an emphatic "regular season UNC". The run was the fluke.

How much longer does UNC give Davis to turn it around? 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fall asleep during champ week and you miss out on good ones.    Montana St in 2OT and Utah Tech in OT in the very late games last night.    Looking forward to seeing how they ended 

I missed all the games yesterday because I have the stomach flu. Got home last night at 4PM and went right to bed and pretty much slept until 8:30 this morning 

10 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Messiah Jones from Wofford is in the portal.

PLEASE let him transfer to Oral Roberts.  The jokes write themselves.

Do you mean BJ Mack from Wofford? I don't see the Messiah Jones jokes (religious jokes, maybe?) but certainly see the jokes that would come from someone named BJ at a school with Oral in its name.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

They were disappointing but they answered the question of which was the real UNC team last year - the regular season UNC or the NCAAT UNC. The answer was an emphatic "regular season UNC". The run was the fluke.

How much longer does UNC give Davis to turn it around? 

So what's happening has nothing to do with Davis. A lot of jealousy has stenches the program because other players are jealous that Bacon got a larger amount of NIL money and one of the players is dating one of the other players former girlfriend and causing a lot of tension.   Everyone wants Davis to flush it and redo the lineup.