Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

This would be quite the win given the circumstances of this game. That was a great cut and pass. What happened to Iowa St.?!

No days off in the Big 12.    This happened to Oklahoma and Trae Young a few years back.   They were in the top 16 reveal and proceeded to lose  almost all their remaining games and ended up with a 10 seed.  

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No days off in the Big 12.    This happened to Oklahoma and Trae Young a few years back.   They were in the top 16 reveal and proceeded to lose  almost all their remaining games and ended up with a 10 seed.  

Iowa State now has lost 6 of 7.  Conventional wisdom had them on the 5 line entering today's game.....loss drops them to 17-12.  Next game is at Baylor and then they play in the Big 12 tournament.  Lose both and all of sudden they are 17-14.  Where do you think that would put them?  Not many teams make it in just three games over but I think they would, but would imagine that 5 seed dramatically falling.

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

And Oklahoma immediately lost to Rhode Island... Who had Stan Robinson and Fatts Russell. 

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Iowa State now has lost 6 of 7.  Conventional wisdom had them on the 5 line entering today's game.....loss drops them to 17-12.  Next game is at Baylor and then they play in the Big 12 tournament.  Lose both and all of sudden they are 17-14.  Where do you think that would put them?  Not many teams make it in just three games over but I think they would, but would imagine that 5 seed dramatically falling.

Lost 6 of 7 and 10 of 14. 

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Had Georgetown vs. Providence on the other day a little before the IU-Iowa women's game. Was working, so wasn't paying close attention when I heard the name Clifton Moore. 

Man, I had almost forgotten all about that dude. 

He always seems to do good when he gets some minutes. The 2 times I saw him play, he looked good. He would be a nice big coming off the bench for us.

Playing around with this fun little tool, one scenario I can hope for is:

IU to win out

Purdue to collapse and lose twice

Maryland to get beat on the road by either Penn State or Ohio State (which Maryland won earlier by only 6 and 7 points at home against each).

That would put Indiana as a one seed, they would play winner of Michigan and Iowa after the double bye, then play Ohio State, Nebraska, Illinois, or Maryland in semi-finals…and they wouldn’t play Rutgers or Purdue until the finals (or someone else…Northwestern…Michigan State…two teams from the bottom part of that bracket scenario who previously beat Indiana).

Here’s to hoping for a complete meltdown in Boiler country and a misstep by Maryland this week. Oh, and for Indiana to absolutely clobber Iowa and Michigan and move on with confidence no matter their fate in the seeding for the B10 tournament.

If the above scenario happens, plus Maryland loses twice, then that shakes the entire thing up considerably (and I couldn’t wrap my head around all that…it puts what I consider more dangerous teams in Indiana’s path earlier on). In the above scenario, IU might face Maryland in the semi-finals, which I’m more comfortable with than other scenarios I played with. I’m sure others have different opinions on what would make for a better chance of IU going unscathed, and it would be interesting to see those opinions. I didn’t try much more than Purdue losing twice and Maryland losing at least once…which must happen for IU to win the Big10 regular season title. And, no, I don’t think Purdue loses twice…but one can hope. I can see Maryland losing once though, which is all it would take (with two Indiana home wins) for Indiana to finish second.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

2 hours ago, ray said:

Playing around with this fun little tool, one scenario I can hope for is:

IU to win out

Purdue to collapse and lose twice

Maryland to get beat on the road by either Penn State or Ohio State (which Maryland won earlier by only 6 and 7 points at home against each).

That would put Indiana as a one seed, they would play winner of Michigan and Iowa after the double bye, then play Ohio State, Nebraska, Illinois, or Maryland in semi-finals…and they wouldn’t play Rutgers or Purdue until the finals (or someone else…Northwestern…Michigan State…two teams from the bottom part of that bracket scenario who previously beat Indiana).

Here’s to hoping for a complete meltdown in Boiler country and a misstep by Maryland this week. Oh, and for Indiana to absolutely clobber Iowa and Michigan and move on with confidence no matter their fate in the seeding for the B10 tournament.

If the above scenario happens, plus Maryland loses twice, then that shakes the entire thing up considerably (and I couldn’t wrap my head around all that…it puts what I consider more dangerous teams in Indiana’s path earlier on). In the above scenario, IU might face Maryland in the semi-finals, which I’m more comfortable with than other scenarios I played with. I’m sure others have different opinions on what would make for a better chance of IU going unscathed, and it would be interesting to see those opinions. I didn’t try much more than Purdue losing twice and Maryland losing at least once…which must happen for IU to win the Big10 regular season title. And, no, I don’t think Purdue loses twice…but one can hope. I can see Maryland losing once though, which is all it would take (with two Indiana home wins) for Indiana to finish second.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

What if NW wins out

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Under his watch they did bust the Miami women's team for the first (and as far as I know the only) NIL infraction while blatantly ignoring the obvious infractions going on in men's sports. So congratulations?

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Queens up 2 at Kennesaw with 11:30 to go.   Kennesaw is the 1 seed.   Queens beat them last week at their place so this isn’t too shocking.    
Stetson up to with 8 min to go 

really good ASUN tournament action going on 

Lipscomb up 9 with 2:40 to go 

Queens up 1 with 4:30 to go.    

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Lipscomb up 9 with 2:40 to go 

Queens up 1 with 4:30 to go.    

Lipscomb wins it and moves on 

Kennesaw st up 5 with 40 sec to go.   Looks like they will pull it out and advance 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Lipscomb wins it and moves on 

Kennesaw st up 5 with 40 sec to go.   Looks like they will pull it out and advance 

Survive and advance for Kennesaw.   Missed 2 FTs with 3 sec to go but Queens couldn’t get a shot off.    

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah but they are going to have to make a little run in the ACC tourney and pass some teams.  Next 4 out or worse right now for me 

I have them at second four out.  Their ACC tournament seed could work against them....think right now they would be the 5 seed and if so would face the winner of the 12/13 game on Wednesday which can't help their cause.