Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not sure who they could hire, but he's probably done. 

Except AD Gene Smith gave him an extension after last season that upped his buyout to $20 million.  He probably has one more year given this is the first really bad year plus last year's and this year's recruiting classes were good.  But this is a horrible look.....right now they are playing like they are Minnesota.

Doing a little AP poll voter logic experiment…IU is going to end up as high as 12th or 13th tomorrow. Might jump TCU, Kansas St., Iowa St., Xavier, and even Marquette. I’d probably bet they end up at 14th if I had to pick one particular spot.

4 hours ago, lillurk said:

GOOD MORNING FELLOW LIFELONG* FANS OF THE NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS! CHICAGO’S BIG TEN TEAM AM I RIGHT?? DAYDREAMING ABOUT MY EARLIEST MEMORIES OF MY BELOVED CATS: EVAN ESCHMEYER AND SEVERAL FUTURE COMMODITIES TRADERS LOSING NON-COMPETITIVELY AGAINST THE MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS

*valid today only, 2/12/23

My beloved ‘cats are not going away, down 7 at half

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Doing a little AP poll voter logic experiment…IU is going to end up as high as 12th or 13th tomorrow. Might jump TCU, Kansas St., Iowa St., Xavier, and even Marquette. I’d probably bet they end up at 14th if I had to pick one particular spot.

Watch IU be at 17 when it’s said and done 

I think this probably is the end of the line for Cal at UK one way or another. I don’t know if he’s OSU’s style and I wonder if he doesn’t just retire or do TV. I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t take another college job. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Honestly... They could probably afford it. 

Basketball is second fiddle at OSU.  And that contract extension they gave Holtmann foolishly after last season guarantees full payment of his salary -- with $450,000 raises EACH year -- through 2027-28.  That's a full $20 million buyout -- twice the dollar figure that it cost IU to buyout Archie Miller.

Basketball is second fiddle at OSU.  And that contract extension they gave Holtmann foolishly after last season guarantees full payment of his salary -- with $450,000 raises EACH year -- through 2027-28.  That's a full $20 million buyout -- twice the dollar figure that it cost IU to buyout Archie Miller.
If Archie would have started off as well as Holtmann did, I would imagine that IU foolishly would have extended him in the same manner.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I think this probably is the end of the line for Cal at UK one way or another. I don’t know if he’s OSU’s style and I wonder if he doesn’t just retire or do TV. I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t take another college job. 

O$U is a football school and I don't think he'd want to play second fiddle.  He's 64 and my money would be moving into TV rather than another coaching gig.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

O$U is a football school and I don't think he'd want to play second fiddle.  He's 64 and my money would be moving into TV rather than another coaching gig.

Agreed, and I imagine he’ll be good on tv. I think he’d take an nba job but I doubt they’re calling.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Who says basketball is a non-contact sport?

Wtf man. Look how close the older guy was to hitting his head on that bottom step! He might have even hit it.