Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

ED71A5F4-0AC9-40B6-B9BB-5FA0C6FFD071.jpeg

I’d freak out if I got tossed by a guy with that haircut too. 

My nickname for him was Breck Boy when he regularly reffed at the Hall. 

Bad look for Iowa.....although I think the letter saying that Iowa's athletic department was 'sacrificing $5400' doesn't seem to really recognize exactly how much money athletic departments pull in.  And you know the athletic department is just going to resell the tickets.
Apparentley they've done this a couple of other times at Iowa -- I found articles from 2010 and 2015 where they would show up in Hawkeye gear and then very early in the game remove it to reveal their Illini shirts.
I disagree. The orange krush said they were with a charity. They weren't giving the tickets to the boys and girls club. The students were going to use them .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

Typical light Friday slate, but 4 juicy matchups with conference leadership on the line:

Cornell/Princeton   Ivy League 

St Louis/ VCU    A10

Akron/Kent St  MAC

Boise St/San Diego St.    MWC

Those last 3 could be really good games. Big game especially for Boise State and Akron I think. San Diego State really needs to be able to separate themselves though. 

I the MWC a multi-bid conference? 2-3 teams?

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Those last 3 could be really good games. Big game especially for Boise State and Akron I think. San Diego State really needs to be able to separate themselves though. 

I the MWC a multi-bid conference? 2-3 teams?

They got a good chance at 4.   My guess will be 3 when it is all said and done 

Looking forward to some quality MACtion tonight. Akron is perfect at home on the season, winners of 7 straight conference games. Kent St has a 20 pt loss to avenge (their sole MAC loss) heading into the Zips’ territory.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I disagree. The orange krush said they were with a charity. They weren't giving the tickets to the boys and girls club. The students were going to use them .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Agree.  I posted before that part became public.