Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

There's a reason TJD is safely being mock drafted in the second round and Edey is nowhere to be found. Dude has one offensive move and then otherwise just uses height and 300lbs. Like Luka Garza was 7 foot but was really well-rounded and barely sniffs NBA minutes. 

Edey will dominate CBB, win two NPOY's and then head to Lithuania for pro ball. It's dumb

The first few minutes of the Rutger v Iowa game was really rough for the officials. Omoruyi had two defensive possessions where he was closer to 90 degrees than straight vertical doesn't get called for either. On the other end, Iowa was getting called for some questionable stuff.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Purdue is really something. They aren’t good on paper. The Edey factor is literally and figuratively huge. I feel confident we beat them at home this week though but their success is nothing less than unbelievable. 

I honestly don't understand it.

I look at their roster and wonder if anyone on their team would even start for us, outside of Edey.

His effect is that big. 

4 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I look at their roster and wonder if anyone on their team would even start for us, outside of Edey.

His effect is that big. 

Said the same thing today with friends. Without that 7’4 giant, PU is marginal at best.

6 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

His effect is that big. 

Maybe the others aren't doing more because they don't have to. They have several kids we wanted so they can't be too bad. Defending the giant has to start with stifling pressure on the guards. Allowing them to just throw the ball in to him unimpeded is a losing proposition.

2 hours ago, DoctorP said:

There's a reason TJD is safely being mock drafted in the second round and Edey is nowhere to be found. Dude has one offensive move and then otherwise just uses height and 300lbs. Like Luka Garza was 7 foot but was really well-rounded and barely sniffs NBA minutes. 

Edey will dominate CBB, win two NPOY's and then head to Lithuania for pro ball. It's dumb

His offense won’t have anything to do with why he won’t play much in the NBA. He has no chance to defend at that level.  If they run into a small, fast team that can shoot threes (like the peacocks last year!) they’ll be in trouble.  

Unfortunately for us, we don’t have bigs that can drag him out of the paint. I wonder how they’ll handle TJD, though. The more I think about it, I think JHS may be key as we’ll probably run that high pnr a ton and PU will collapse on TJD. 

If you ask a Purdue fan, Edeys size has nothing to do with anything. His numbers are dominant because he's that good... Which of course, his numbers are close to TJDs, but TJD isn't good.... Wonder what the difference between the two is..

Edey is so limited offensively compared to TJD. Not entirely a knock, dude just started playing ball five years ago. I stand by it, take four inches off him and that team is .500 in conference. 

They're prime for an early March exit

34 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

I see Trayce often drawing Edey out and trying to beat him off the dribble. I like the potential there, he's expanded that (as well as being comfortable leading the break) part this season

Yeah saw him doing a lot of that against OSU