Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

33 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

What I'm watching right now... If you know, you know. 

Snapchat-138362234.jpg

Oh I need to rewatch. Been awhile. Underrated sheehey game, underrated yogi defense game, Crean went to Zeller every time down the stretch: perfect. Beilein should’ve been less sentimental with seniors in the first half. 

49 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Oh I need to rewatch. Been awhile. Underrated sheehey game, underrated yogi defense game, Crean went to Zeller every time down the stretch: perfect. Beilein should’ve been less sentimental with seniors in the first half. 

That was just a fun year. I'm watching the FGCU vs GTown game from that years tourney. 

I wonder what the NET would have looked like that year.... Looking back at the schedule...

Neutral Georgetown

AT Iowa

Michigan State

AT Purdue

Michigan

AT Ohio State

AT Michigan State

AT Michigan

Neutral Illinois

Possible Q1 wins that year?

Neutral Butler

AT Illinois

AT Minnesota

Ohio State

Neutral Wisconsin

Possible Q1 losses?

4 hours ago, lillurk said:

Crean returned the favor by needlessly subbing out 3 starters after we got up 10-3 and we proceeded to give up a 12-0 run. 

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wonder what the NET would have looked like that year.... Looking back at the schedule...

Neutral Georgetown

AT Iowa

Michigan State

AT Purdue

Michigan

AT Ohio State

AT Michigan State

AT Michigan

Neutral Illinois

Possible Q1 wins that year?

Neutral Butler

AT Illinois

AT Minnesota

Ohio State

Neutral Wisconsin

Possible Q1 losses?

I actually did that a while back, tried to replicate the NET formula (I can get very close to the current rankings but not exact) for that season.  I think IU finished the regular season #1 with Louisville a close second.  I can try to find it if you’re interested.

1 hour ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I actually did that a while back, tried to replicate the NET formula (I can get very close to the current rankings but not exact) for that season.  I think IU finished the regular season #1 with Louisville a close second.  I can try to find it if you’re interested.

I think we definitely got screwed but so much emphasis was taken into conference tourneys. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think we definitely got screwed but so much emphasis was taken into conference tourneys. 

I found it, and I was actually mistaken.  I had Louisville the slight #1 over us in my attempted duplication.  I had IU #2.   Here are what I had as Quad 1 games:

W      N       Georgetown (#14)

W                North Carolina (#29)

L       N       Butler (#39)

W      @      Iowa (#51)

W               Minnesota (#26)

L                Wisconsin (#16)

W               Michigan State (#12)

W               Michigan (#8)

L      @       Illinois (#43)

W    @       Ohio State (#7)

W    @       Michigan State (#12)

L      @       Minnesota (#26)

L                Ohio State (#7)

W     @      Michigan (#8)

W     N       Illinois (#43)

L      N       Wisconsin (#16)

So it looks like I had us 10-6 in Quad 1 in the regular season.  And I'll note North Carolina is on the borderline and I can't duplicate it exactly, but pretty close.

2 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I found it, and I was actually mistaken.  I had Louisville the slight #1 over us in my attempted duplication.  I had IU #2.   Here are what I had as Quad 1 games:

W      N       Georgetown (#14)

W                North Carolina (#29)

L       N       Butler (#39)

W      @      Iowa (#51)

W               Minnesota (#26)

L                Wisconsin (#16)

W               Michigan State (#12)

W               Michigan (#8)

L      @       Illinois (#43)

W    @       Ohio State (#7)

W    @       Michigan State (#12)

L      @       Minnesota (#26)

L                Ohio State (#7)

W     @      Michigan (#8)

W     N       Illinois (#43)

L      N       Wisconsin (#16)

So it looks like I had us 10-6 in Quad 1 in the regular season.  And I'll note North Carolina is on the borderline and I can't duplicate it exactly, but pretty close.

I had IU 3rd overall that year the same as the committee ended having them.   I would have to go back and check it again but the home loss to OSU and losing both to Wisky (at home and in tourney) was a factor for me having  Kansas above them as well.    When you are separating 1 seeds the smallest margin can be the deciding factor and has LCS pointed out IU losing before the conference tourney finals while other teams won their conference tourney stuck out 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I had IU 3rd overall that year the same as the committee ended having them.   I would have to go back and check it again but the home loss to OSU and losing both to Wisky (at home and in tourney) was a factor for me having  Kansas above them as well.    When you are separating 1 seeds the smallest margin can be the deciding factor and has LCS pointed out IU losing before the conference tourney finals while other teams won their conference tourney stuck out 

And I still think is BS. I don't anyone had the wins we had by the end of the year. Georgetown, Michigan 2x, Michigan State 2x and Ohio State.

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting.  Just to be clear, what I posted for 2013 isn't what I used for my top 25 I posted Monday, but what I have come up with to closely replicate the NET.  For 2013, my NET-duplication formula resulted in Kansas ranked #6, behind Louisville, Indiana, Florida, Gonzaga, and Duke.  Florida, with a 3 seed, certainly ended up below their ranking, lol.  

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Have to avoid losses as well.  That Illini choke job  cost us huge as well

True, but that year all the power conference teams had at least 5 regular-season losses.  Gonzaga only had 2.

45 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Interesting.  Just to be clear, what I posted for 2013 isn't what I used for my top 25 I posted Monday, but what I have come up with to closely replicate the NET.  For 2013, my NET-duplication formula resulted in Kansas ranked #6, behind Louisville, Indiana, Florida, Gonzaga, and Duke.  Florida, with a 3 seed, certainly ended up below their ranking, lol.  

I recall UF was higher in Kenpom than polls/seeds so this tracks