Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bates finished with 43p but EMU still lost to Toledo 84-79.

That was coaching malpractice by the Toledo HC. He just refused to take the ball out of Bates’ hands. Wouldn’t run a guy at him. Wouldn’t do it. Hell, they weren’t even aggressively denying him until late. God, it makes me insane watching coaches stay married to their scheme even when it’s killing them. Though, in fairness, those guys are usually eventually referred to as ex-coaches. 
Ok, I feel better now. 

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

That was coaching malpractice by the Toledo HC. He just refused to take the ball out of Bates’ hands. Wouldn’t run a guy at him. Wouldn’t do it. Hell, they weren’t even aggressively denying him until late. God, it makes me insane watching coaches stay married to their scheme even when it’s killing them. Though, in fairness, those guys are usually eventually referred to as ex-coaches. 
Ok, I feel better now. 

Wait, didn't Toledo win?

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Mountain West after dark is going to test me tonight.   Am I going to lose  sleep on 2 (1-6) teams in conference playing each other?  You bet I am.   Looking forward to Wyoming/UNLV 

If no one’s mentioned it before, I’ve just gotta point that your sanity comes and goes a little bit. You know that, right? 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ball st got drilled at home by Buffalo 

26 pt beat down 

The Ball State board is looking a lot like ours after we lost 3 in a row. "How is this happening?" "Our offense has been figured out", "Will we bounce back from this?" etc. 

Doesn't help that their next opponent somehow beat Kent State tonight.