Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Know this is where the true basketball junkies hang out. So thought I’d cruise over and say with not much high quality men’s hoops tonight, consider switching B1G Network on and checking out our IU women. They’re up 10 at the half on the road at #13 Michigan. I was never a women’s basketball fan until recently, but our girls play good fundamental basketball and are fun to watch.  

There’s a very active game thread on the board as we speak!

44 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Know this is where the true basketball junkies hang out. So thought I’d cruise over and say with not much high quality men’s hoops tonight, consider switching B1G Network on and checking out our IU women. They’re up 10 at the half on the road at #13 Michigan. I was never a women’s basketball fan until recently, but our girls play good fundamental basketball and are fun to watch.  

Yes, they do. Up 10 at the moment, with less than 2 left.

Double OT.

IMO, this is a game that Nevada could really, really use.  They don't have much in terms of marquee wins (best are home victories over Boise St and Utah St) and after this game they really have three games of any value that could move the needle.

Double OT.

IMO, this is a game that Nevada could really, really use.  They don't have much in terms of marquee wins (best are home victories over Boise St and Utah St) and after this game they really have three games of any value that could move the needle.

Fighting Pitinos with the ball, knotted at 94 with 16 sec left. Officials’ review results in a flagrant on the Lobos big man in the back court. Nevada likely to win on a flagrant 1 but crazier things have happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nevada wins it, with help from the flagrant. Little ricky is p***** off but it was probably the right call.

It probably (hopefully) felt less intentional for him in the heat of the moment, but you just can’t swing your elbows like that let alone extend your arm into a guy’s chest. Wrap the ball up, pivot and step through guys until help comes. Before replays there was a 50/50 chance at clearing out the old fashioned way without penalty. In the era where officials can do an entire film session on whether or not you breathed on your opponent too hard, you can’t take that chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Nevada wins it, with help from the flagrant. Little ricky is p***** off but it was probably the right call.

Pretty sure he screwed himself by calling timeout which gave the refs time to look at it.   If he doesn’t call timeout and they let that play out and they either win or go to 3OT I don’t think the refs would have looked at it.     I could be wrong but I think that’s why he was so mad.  He yelled to the ref I’m the one who called timeout.