Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

50 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is this a trend under Oats?

In his favor is that Miles was cut immediately. 

Of course, the cynic is me says that was easy considering this was a bench player who only played 6.5 mpg in 6 games. Pretty easy decision.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/darius-miles-1.html

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Just reading that one made me pucker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Doubtful he is big , young and will click up early . Long as he stays out of debt he prob be safe unless he wants to get down like that . For real will be a commodity once he hits the yard . Somebody will make something off him on the court 

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is this a trend under Oats?

That would be one helluva trend. I’d think a data point of one will be enough for the administration to step in and take a closer look at the situation. I doubt they wait for a second incident.  

It could be that this is just a wild outlier and he brings in exceptional kids, or it could be that he plays a little fast and loose when it comes to judging character. I have no idea what it could be, but I’ll bet the administration will want to know. 

10 hours ago, go iu bb said:

In his favor is that Miles was cut immediately. 

Of course, the cynic is me says that was easy considering this was a bench player who only played 6.5 mpg in 6 games. Pretty easy decision.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/darius-miles-1.html

He was already out for the season anyway. He hasn't played since December. 

10 hours ago, Muskie for three said:

Doubtful he is big , young and will click up early . Long as he stays out of debt he prob be safe unless he wants to get down like that . For real will be a commodity once he hits the yard . Somebody will make something off him on the court 

Nice scouting report. 

23 minutes ago, str8baller said:

That would be one helluva trend. I’d think a data point of one will be enough for the administration to step in and take a closer look at the situation. I doubt they wait for a second incident.  

It could be that this is just a wild outlier and he brings in exceptional kids, or it could be that he plays a little fast and loose when it comes to judging character. I have no idea what it could be, but I’ll bet the administration will want to know. 

Definitely puts an unwanted microscope on Nate and the program.

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

What does this have to do with Oats? I would take him in a heartbeat

Oates is tied to the player.  Right or wrong.