Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Still haven't figured out the obsession coaches have with calling timeouts immediately after their teams score. We just had a media timeout in the Marquette/Xavier game. Each team gets one possession, Xavier hits a 3, crowd erupts and Miller calls timeout. Not like you just had five minutes to talk to your team moments earlier. dws

Over-coaching at its finest. Maybe it's to justify their salaries, but college coaches over coach the crap out of the game. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Over-coaching at its finest. Maybe it's to justify their salaries, but college coaches over coach the crap out of the game. 

Amen to that, just watch some old games and see how more free flowing the game was

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Kind of what I was thinking. There was another timeout after this one, when it ended, both teams were walking back onto the court, Miller grabbed two of his players by the sleeves and continued barking instructions at them. 

It's starting to make more sense to me why there are so many transfers. Kids don't want someone holding their hand and trying to micro-manage them all throughout games. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Never a truer word spoken.

6 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Marquette/Xavier at noon is a fantastic start to the day. Get your popcorn ready, this one will be fun.

It delivered. I only saw the second half, but that was a good game. Both teams are playing well right now. 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

St. John’s about to pick up a big road win at UConn.    UConn hitting a little wall during the conference season 

UConn is in an IU-esque free fall. Lost 4 out of their last five. 3 of those were on the road, but today they were home versus St Johns. That should’ve been a get-right game, and they dropped it too. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It delivered. I only saw the second half, but that was a good game. Both teams are playing well right now. 

1st time I had seen Marquette play.  They got a damn fine squad.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

1st time I had seen Marquette play.  They got a damn fine squad.

They have been really good all year.  They had Purdue on the ropes in Mackey earlier in the year.   Took Providence to 2OT on the road.   Offense is really good 

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They have been really good all year.  They had Purdue on the ropes in Mackey earlier in the year.   Took Providence to 2OT on the road.   Offense is really good 

Shaka find his resting spot?

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Definitely.   He is from Wisconsin.   Marquette isn’t a fish bowl.   No pressure and they are willing to spend whatever for basketball.   Deep pockets.   Probably top 5 in all of college basketball on how much they spend on the basketball program 

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’m addition to what USPS said….

Marquette is very similar to Butler. Wisconsin has decent basketball talent, too. Nothing crazy, but it’s hardly a wasteland.  Unless the big boys come calling for a major recruit you really only have to battle UW. 

I like the fit and it’d be cool to see it work out for him there. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m addition to what USPS said….

Marquette is very similar to Butler. Wisconsin has decent basketball talent, too. Nothing crazy, but it’s hardly a wasteland.  Unless the big boys come calling for a major recruit you really only have to battle UW. 

I like the fit and it’d be cool to see it work out for him there. 

But they are still the Warriors to me.