Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Zags been playing with fire the last few games,  tonight they might finally get burned

Edit; maybe not. BYU going into stupid mode

Byu just going to throw up 3 for the rest of them game.   Zags will probably squeak another out 

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bob Huggins and West Virginia has parted ways with Associate Head Coach Larry Harrison.  WVU is 10-6 overall but 0-4 in conference play.

When things go bad....fire the ASSOCIATE Head Coach. It's all his fault haha. 

8 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Watching San Francisco/Portland.

fairly certain the refs are in the bag

Edit: Scratch that. As the game has progressed they are just bad.

Love the correction mid-game. You know it's bad when you can tell they're bad and not in the bag.
The games where refs bet on different teams are the best.

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Same could be said about the next coaching search at IU

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That doesn’t happen in college basketball anymore…except for a year ago when Texas poached Beard from conference and in-state rival Texas Tech. 

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

That doesn’t happen in college basketball anymore…except for a year ago when Texas poached Beard from conference and in-state rival Texas Tech. 

My first thought as well. Author caveated that with this:

"In the past five years, there have been 32 head coaching jobs open in Power 5 conferences. Only three of those were filled by a sitting Power 5 head coach. And each of those three constituted something of an extraordinary circumstance: Mike White left Florida for Georgia as his job with the Gators became less secure; Beard left Texas Tech for Texas, his alma mater; Buzz Williams left Virginia Tech for Texas A&M, where he worked as an assistant coach and earned a Master’s degree (and which could afford to nearly double his salary)."

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Same could be said about the next coaching search at IU

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I understand the sentiment, but I would say Calipari and Holtmann are realistic (but not Oats).  Texas's pockets are as deep as any.  Cal's run at UK IMO is coming to an end.  Holtmann has plateaud at Ohio State to the point of where the possibility exists.  Oats shouldn't and doubt would leave Alabama.