Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Blackmon saved the game for Stetson on the defensive end to stop a driver to the basketball.  That stop forced OT where Stetson is up 7.   

That maybe a first . The blackmon name and defensive stop no matter which generation .

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

My point was what might have been was irrelevant to what actually happened. Timing means a lot in all things. It has shaped my life for sure. This team as currently constructed has a lower ceiling than the one that started the season. Our opponents going forward won't care who is missing from our lineup. We will win or lose with who we have. The record book won't care about anything else. Yes, I thought the '75 team was national championship good before the May injury. But the injury happened and IU was not good enough to overcome it. That was the reality and I can accept that. This season will play however it does with who we have available as will every other teams. If this was a closed or by invitation only thread, then I apologize for inserting my thoughts into it.

My point was I'm glad we got those wins to add to our resume. To elaborate, I don't think we beat them if we meet them again this season. I personally don't care what our opponents or their fans think. I care how we look and perform as a team this season.

Would have been nice to have back-to-back undefeated teams, although having one loss and a natty across two seasons is pretty awesome too.

It's a public forum and anyone can participate. It appeared by your initial post you didn't want to partake in the revisionist thinking but after a second post it seems you do?

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

My point was I'm glad we got those wins to add to our resume. To elaborate, I don't think we beat them if we meet them again this season. I personally don't care what our opponents or their fans think. I care how we look and perform as a team this season.

Would have been nice to have back-to-back undefeated teams, although having one loss and a natty across two seasons is pretty awesome too.

It's a public forum and anyone can participate. It appeared by your initial post you didn't want to partake in the revisionist thinking but after a second post it seems you do?

No I don't. I don't know how to make that any more clear. We are who we are at any point in time. We are who the record says we are. I can speculate, as can anyone, about what might have been but it has nothing to do with reality. I am willing to admit that even without the May injury that team may not have won the title. We will never know because that was not reality. IU will win or lose with who they put on the court as will every other team. How you evaluate the product on the floor is your viewpoint and you are certainly entitled to it. Doesn't mean it is right or wrong. Others might look at it from a different, but still as valid, point of view. We are all here because we are interested to some degree. I enjoy the variety of points of view and can kind of see the different levels of investment.