Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

He was right Illinois needed to stop fouling    I thought the officiating was fine no different then the any of the other games i watched last night.   Illinois on defense has seemed to went back to the when he first started in the league and hacking everyone they can and see if they don’t call it.    Illinois has bigger problems than fouling or the foul differential.  They need to figure some things out quickly.    If any team wants to whine about foul differential on the road it’s UConn.  

last night Providence was 29-35 while they were 10-19 and the game before Xavier was 23-29 and they were 4-9.    

Freshmen guards tend to foul a lot.

On Illinois,  Harris and Epps are overly aggressive freshman, and Skyyyyyyy Clark is a slowwwwww-footed freshman. So they accounted for a combined 11 fouls in 51 minutes.  That's 8.6 fouls per 40 minutes. 

For the season? Clark is at 4.6 fouls per 40 minutes, Epps is at 2.7 fouls per 40 minutes, and Harris is at 4.0 fouls per 40 minutes. That's 11.3 fouls per 40 minutes, and is an extraordinarily high number.  In fact, they fouled way below their combined average last night, they just played a few more combined minutes than usual.

For reference, IU's three best/most aggressive guard defenders; X, JHS, and Gallo's foul rate per 40 is about 40% lower at 8.0 per 40 combined. 

Matthew Mayer also picked up five fouls, because he's the Toby Flenderson of college basketball and therefore sucks because he is.

9 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Clemson did end up winning at Va Tech.  Quad 1 win for Clemson and puts them 3-0 in the ACC and 12-3 overall.  The good:  3-1 in quad 1 and 2.  The bad?  2 losses to quad 4 teams.

Brad Brownell better have a good year with the Tigers.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Big one in conference USA tonight.   UAB at FAU.   Could be game of the night 

Me and my 16 year old were all set to attend in person, but his high school soccer team just added a game for tonight. He is pissed and threatened to fake a hammy pull.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Me and my 16 year old were all set to attend in person, but his high school soccer team just added a game for tonight. He is pissed and threatened to fake a hammy pull.

A soccer player faking a hamstring injury.  Yeah...I'm sure they've never seen that one before

Well, if anyone ever wndered how long the process takes to cross the T’s and dot the I’s on a no doubt for cause termination, the correct answer is apparently 24 days.
Hey, you can't fire an absolute idiot during the holidays.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2F545800-3145-4950-836C-CCB7941CABA8.jpeg.ae1cadae15e780f6fae652b306b86689.jpeg&key=b0ff5ed6dccb6ecbc5e76a111859b7eeb59016ea5ae08e140786ddf52b925c78

Sad, racist, despicable human beings. 
Not sure that's racist. Age discrimination, maybe. Stereotype of an athlete, maybe. Not sure it was racist though. But then again I don't know the character of the individual.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk