Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

What order would you place these wins for degree of difficulty:

at home against Ohio State

at home against Marquette

neutral court against Creighton

neutral court against Butler

at Florida

at Nebraska

I ask because these games are against teams that are the lowest quad one games and top quad two games.  By Sagarin ratings, they would have IU:

as a four point favorite hosting Ohio State

as a six point favorite hosting Marquette

as a three point favorite on a neutral court against Creighton

as a five point favorite on a neutral court against Butler

as a two point favorite at Florida

as a five point favorite at Nebraska

Personally, I was a little surprised to see that the predictions were pretty close.  I imagined that the Butler neutral court or at Nebraska would have been the easiest but was surprised at hosting Marquette as being listed as the toughest.

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Today is the 45th Anniversary of the plane crash that killed the entire University of Evansville Men's Basketball team. I remember watching news reports on WTWO & WTHI in Terre Haute as a 12 year old.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That was the first year for UE in D1 basketball, having been dominant in D2 for many years, with 5 D2 national championships from the late 50's to early 70's.  The accident occurred shortly after takeoff from the Evansville airport as the team was traveling for a game, taking the lives of all on board, including first year coach Bobby Watson, legendary Evansville sportscaster Marv Bates, and the entire UE basketball squad. Very sad day.  

23 hours ago, Josh said:

There are a lot more reasons than that.

My buddy has a fetish where he bites women in the moment.

Some murderers bite their victims out of a primal fit.

Some attackers bite when they feel their appendages are losing.

Some psychos like the taste of blood.

There are many more reasons (none of which are good)

I'm sorry, but you're flat wrong here.

I'm not entirely sure what he was trying to say, but from personal experience, women can get very aggressive. I've been hit, had things thrown at me, and been bitten by women during arguments. I didn't escalate the situation because I knew that was a no win for me. Relationships are difficult. I have two daughters and four granddaughters, so my tolerance for abusive men is pretty low. Every situation has context and sometimes people should just not be together. I would really like to hear from both parties involved before I make any judgement here.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:54 PM, Josh said:

There are a lot more reasons than that.

My buddy has a fetish where he bites women in the moment.

Some murderers bite their victims out of a primal fit.

Some attackers bite when they feel their appendages are losing.

Some psychos like the taste of blood.

There are many more reasons (none of which are good)

I'm sorry, but you're flat wrong here.

I can only imagine... 

Her: "Let's role play"

Him: "Okay. I'll be Tyson, you be Holyfield." 

9 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

That was the first year for UE in D1 basketball, having been dominant in D2 for many years, with 5 D2 national championships from the late 50's to early 70's.  The accident occurred shortly after takeoff from the Evansville airport as the team was traveling for a game, taking the lives of all on board, including first year coach Bobby Watson, legendary Evansville sportscaster Marv Bates, and the entire UE basketball squad. Very sad day.  

I read the book about it a few years ago. I would have been 12 when it happened, but I really don't remember anything about it. Very good book though.

9 hours ago, cthomas said:

I'm not entirely sure what he was trying to say, but from personal experience, women can get very aggressive. I've been hit, had things thrown at me, and been bitten by women during arguments. I didn't escalate the situation because I knew that was a no win for me. Relationships are difficult. I have two daughters and four granddaughters, so my tolerance for abusive men is pretty low. Every situation has context and sometimes people should just not be together. I would really like to hear from both parties involved before I make any judgement here.

As a man, did you remove yourself from the situation, and let things cool down? Unless he had a gun to his head, he had every opportunity to walk out the front door! 

I do not condone a man abusing a woman under any circumstance unless their life or another's is in immediate danger!!! Not sure I can be more clear. But as stated above things have context. I am not using this following story for comparison or as a way to advocate for Chris Beard. I've been in a situation where woman had me cornered in a bedroom and was swinging relentlessly on me. What do you do there? I restrained her arms. She then starts kicking so I put my leg in front of hers and used the bed as sort of pinning spot. After about a minute or so she realized it was over and calmed down enough to where I could let go. Did I beat her in that scenario? What if I would have left a bruise or scratch? I didn't but you could see how that would be possible. Had police been called that evening and she had any marks on her I would have gone to jail. If you're lucky enough to have never been in a situation like this then be thankful. Although we are generally bigger and stronger it can still be terrifying when someone is trying to do as much harm as possible to you. I really didn't want to share that story but obviously a lot of people haven't experienced anything like that and maybe it allows for you to put yourself in that spot and think of how it could all turn out. Ughh....thought I was done

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, J34 said:

As a man, did you remove yourself from the situation, and let things cool down? Unless he had a gun to his head, he had every opportunity to walk out the front door! 

At my earliest opportunity. Getting physical with a woman, beyond what is necessary to stop the attack, is never appropriate and will end badly for a man. Some relationships are just toxic and if you stay in them too long, physical abuse is the likely end. I'm not defending anyone but there is another side to some of these situations.

Lots of Chris Beard speculation here. I have a perspective based on extensive experience with evidentiary situations, and I will state irrefutable facts for all:

1. Until and unless you have the ability to personally examine the evidence, there is no way to accurately assess what happened.
  2. Even when you have the ability to personally examine the evidence, sometimes it is still difficult to accurately assess what happened.
  3. When people draw educated, rational conclusions from limited available evidence, they are often, but not always right.
  4. Justifying potentially criminal actions as warranted/defensible without a full command of the evidence is not wise.

If you think that my takeaways don't help to clarify what happened? Then you now understand how it really works.

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

That seems to require a subscription or sign-up. 

Here's another recent overview story addressing UT's lack of comment so far

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Finger-After-Chris-Beard-s-arrest-a-major-17652321.php

39 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

That seems to require a subscription or sign-up. 

Here's another recent overview story addressing UT's lack of comment so far

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Finger-After-Chris-Beard-s-arrest-a-major-17652321.php

This seems to require a subscription as well.