Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Not that it matters but the whole story isn't being told and it's pretty obvious. Why would a grown man bite someone on the arm? Only 2 reasons: 1) to get them to move their arm from where it is which would obviously be a defense 2) to eat them. Again it doesn't matter because he cannot do what he did and he deserves to be fired and held accountable but she probably is throw an ash tray through sliding glass door kinda crazy as well. Just guessing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Not that it matters but the whole story isn't being told and it's pretty obvious. Why would a grown man bite someone on the arm? Only 2 reasons: 1) to get them to move their arm from where it is which would obviously be a defense 2) to eat them. Again it doesn't matter because he cannot do what he did and he deserves to be fired and held accountable but she probably is throw an ash tray through sliding glass door kinda crazy as well. Just guessing.

There are infinite physical violence scenarios where the aggressor could bite, including to prevent the victim from defending themself.

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

You'd think the liquor stores would suffer with Beard locked up, but they still have Steve Sarkesian to provide revenue.

Texas hasn't won the Big 12 football championship since 2009 despite the stupid money they put into the program.  Their liquor stores will be fine.

22 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm not getting your takes.  You seem to be grasping for reasons as to why he's not guilty.  The simplest answer as to why a 'grown man' would bite someone is they are not in a rational state of mind.  

The last statement -- that she is 'probably crazy' is exactly why some women refuse to press chargers.

There are infinite physical violence scenarios where the aggressor could bite, including to prevent the victim from defending themself.
Seems like a strange move for the aggressor but maybe so. Anyhow it doesn't matter if she's crazy or not (for the record I'm sticking with my guess) he needs to have self control and remove himself from the situation. Clearly he did not, is a piece of crap and will pay for his mistakes one way or another.

Interesting that he has audio to prove he wasn't the aggressor but wouldn't let the police listen to it. Maybe saving it for trial or he don't have any. Either way probably smart to wait and let his lawyer have it instead?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I am also really shocked he didn't come to iu now. We would right now be undefeated so far after a huge win against Arizona with the future looking bright and then boom this happens lol. Hopefully if guilty he never coaches again because frankly he shouldn't lead young men if so

13 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Interesting that he has audio to prove he wasn't the aggressor but wouldn't let the police listen to it. Maybe saving it for trial or he don't have any. Either way probably smart to wait and let his lawyer have it instead?

He SAYS he has audio.

that may be incredibly different from actually having audio.

41 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

No clue about the audio, but even in the police report they talk about grabbing and breaking glasses.  Something seems to have been going on.  

I'm not getting your takes.  You seem to be grasping for reasons as to why he's not guilty.  The simplest answer as to why a 'grown man' would bite someone is they are not in a rational state of mind.  
The last statement -- that she is 'probably crazy' is exactly why some women refuse to press chargers.
Not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that I am an advocate for either Beard or domestic violence but I assure you that is not the case. I'll say 2 things and let this whole thing go. 1) Neither of them were in a rational state of mind in that scenario so yes that would be true 2) maybe 'crazy' is an unfair characterization but she clearly is at least irrational as well as she took his glasses and broke them. You don't do that while believing it's the right thing to do. You do that to escalate a situation or to try and draw some sort of line. If I had to guess this is probably a pretty toxic relationship and both have their wrongs. He can be a POS (he is) and she can also be whatever term you want to use....both can be true. Ok that was more than 2. Anyhow I'm done expressing my thoughts on this matter....I think.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Lot of injuries listed.  Also noteful that the victim indicated that while they had relationship issues for the past couple of days, nothing had preceded Beard 'snapping'.

Seems taking, and breaking his glasses may have been a "thing"