Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

haha this was my 4th or 5th time being there. I don't like the renovations there. If you have never been it was like a shopping mall/food court and when you go upstairs you enter Corrupt I mean Rupp Arena. They got rid of it. My wife was not happy.

Kentucky is like us..nuts about basketball. We were driving in and about THREE hours before their game they had their radio pregame show on...three hours before a game against Yale. I will say they do something cool after the game. They have the player of the game/coach Cal come out and fans can stay and watch their postgame show. Cal signs for anyone that has a basketball. You can ban me but I kind of like Cal. Deep down he's a good dude. Talked about the one year anniversary of the tornado and the current flooding issue in Kentucky. 

Side note: when I'm there I can still see Mike Davis falling on the floor when Fife fouled Williams. 

There are few things worse in this world than convincing a spouse to go somewhere she doesn’t really want to go but she agrees based on a SINGLE positive aspect only to arrive to find that aspect no long exists ….happens to me frequently , im surprised Im alive 

Rutgers is going to lose at home to seton Hall.    

It’s amazing how good we make teams look through the years.

So glad we at least got the Xavier/UNC wins. We need to be better. The coaching in the B1G might eat us alive again.

Signed,

Nervous Indiana fan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s amazing how good we make teams look through the years.

So glad we at least got the Xavier/UNC wins. We need to be better. The coaching in the B1G might eat us alive again.

Signed,

Nervous Indiana fan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Can’t say I’ve ever seen Rutgers really look good.   They just out tough most the people they play and muddy the game down to their style.   Rock fights that they usually win.    If you beat them at home then you have done something not many teams have done in 5 years there.   I think tonight marks their 9th loss at home in 5 seasons.  I need to look that up to be sure 

12 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

There are few things worse in this world than convincing a spouse to go somewhere she doesn’t really want to go but she agrees based on a SINGLE positive aspect only to arrive to find that aspect no long exists ….happens to me frequently , im surprised Im alive 

Yeah last year we arrived early to a game only to find out that it was under construction. Had to get Goodfellas and eat it outside in December. I'll say this: Bloomington over Lexington any day. There was hardly anything good nearby in Lexington. We had to drive 20 minutes to a tavern that wasn't bad.  In Bloomington there are so many great options near Assembly Hall. Lexington is the smallest big city. It was dead when we arrived/left. At least getting out of the parking garage wasn't bad. 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen Rutgers really look good.   They just out tough most the people they play and muddy the game down to their style.   Rock fights that they usually win.    If you beat them at home then you have done something not many teams have done in 5 years there.   I think tonight marks their 9th loss at home in 5 seasons.  I need to look that up to be sure 

48-9 the last 4 years 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Spot on. They've won ONE NCAA Tournament game in the Steve Pikiell era. They just out-tough IU. Nobody is afraid of Rutgers at all. Why I can't stand that Geo Baker running his mouth. They'll be an 8-11 seed this year and get bounced early once again. They can't play every game in that purgatory they call a gym.  

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Apparently some rumors about Chris Beard being arrested last night. Serious stuff, involves choking his gf. 

Anyone else see this? On the UT boards.

Twitter seems to think so as well