Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, Redcamaro said:

Down goes #1 Houston to #8 Alabama 71-65. Big game from Noah Clowney.

Clowney was terrific. 16/11 and a couple off blocks. And that kid just turned 18. Typical Sampson team with the typical Sampson team problem. If they don’t turn you over or beat you to death on the offensive glass, Shead and Sasser have to be making everything or they can’t score enough. 

10 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Kentucky up 5 on Yale 15 to go in 2nd half

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I was there today. They are the definition of a team that has a great player and that's it. They go as Oscar goes. He took over. Not much outside of him. Yale could be a team that is scary if they get in the Big Dance. They didn't back down. 

9 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was there today. They are the definition of a team that has a great player and that's it. They go as Oscar goes. He took over. Not much outside of him. Yale could be a team that is scary if they get in the Big Dance. They didn't back down. 

Question: but how did you get rid of the smell ???

22 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Question: but how did you get rid of the smell ???

haha this was my 4th or 5th time being there. I don't like the renovations there. If you have never been it was like a shopping mall/food court and when you go upstairs you enter Corrupt I mean Rupp Arena. They got rid of it. My wife was not happy.

Kentucky is like us..nuts about basketball. We were driving in and about THREE hours before their game they had their radio pregame show on...three hours before a game against Yale. I will say they do something cool after the game. They have the player of the game/coach Cal come out and fans can stay and watch their postgame show. Cal signs for anyone that has a basketball. You can ban me but I kind of like Cal. Deep down he's a good dude. Talked about the one year anniversary of the tornado and the current flooding issue in Kentucky. 

Side note: when I'm there I can still see Mike Davis falling on the floor when Fife fouled Williams. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

You can ban me but I kind of like Cal. Deep down he's a good dude. Talked about the one year anniversary of the tornado and the current flooding issue in Kentucky.

Basketball Cal SUCKS, but real life Cal does seem like a genuine guy. He gets tougher to hate as he gets older. 

56 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Basketball Cal SUCKS, but real life Cal does seem like a genuine guy. He gets tougher to hate as he gets older. 

He's overrated. They are getting tired of him. if the '23 class flops I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah, he does. And it speaks volumes about the nature of fandom that the guy took over a listing program, turned into a top 3 national program for a dozen years, and the fans think they can do better. Jesus.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Yeah, he does. And it speaks volumes about the nature of fandom that the guy took over a listing program, turned into a top 3 national program for a dozen years, and the fans think they can do better. Jesus.

It’s petty wild, innit? 

His greatest crime was being way ahead of the game in the 1-and-done era. Coach K would come along and steal his thunder in that regard and be lauded.  

I hate his stupid dribble drive offense, but was always impressed with how he got a bunch of highly recruited freshmen to gel on defense by the end of the year.  

I would say UK fans are stupid for driving him out, but unfortunately Indiana seems to be the only blue chip program that can’t hire a coach. UK, Kansas, and UNC all seem to land on their feet with new coaching hires. So what do I know?