Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pair of UVA players had Dickinson double-teamed. Dickinson swung his elbow and clocked the UVA kid, bloodying his mouth. 

UVA kid kid gets the foul. 

Really thought they'd give Dickinson a flagrant on that one. 

Favorite part of that sequence was the shot of the UVA kid on the bench, bleeding, asking “how was the foul on me???”

A former Archie Miller player going 1/6 from the field and bricking free throws in the final seconds...I'm shocked. 

Steph Curry syndrome strikes again; why attack the basket and try to tie the game when you can just flail around and try to get a call on a 30 footer instead? Great no call by the officials. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pair of UVA players had Dickinson double-teamed. Dickinson swung his elbow and clocked the UVA kid, bloodying his mouth. 

UVA kid kid gets the foul. 

Really thought they'd give Dickinson a flagrant on that one. 

Kid should’ve known better than to try to hit Dickinson with his mouth 

:)

7 hours ago, rcs29 said:

That will likely be a very bad loss right? Wake is 7-1 but have played a very soft schedule (I think) and their 1 loss was to LMU

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Depends on what Wake does in the ACC.   I don’t think it will be a bad loss because I think they will be upper ACC this year.  I think Forbes is a really good coach.   It could go either way though.  If they struggle in the ACC then it will be considered a bad loss 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Depends on what Wake does in the ACC.   I don’t think it will be a bad loss because I think they will be upper ACC this year.  I think Forbes is a really good coach.   It could go either way though.  If they struggle in the ACC then it will be considered a bad loss 

I agree, I think Wake will be at least a bubble team all year. I expect them to make the tournament honestly with they way Forbes has them playing going back to last year and because the ACC isn't that strong. 

and FWIW.... they smoked Ohio State in the secret scrimmage.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

What a dumpster fire Louisville is..I think Kenny Payne so far is what the College hoops "experts" thought Mike Woodson was going to be. 

It shouldn't be super surprising. I mean their first 3 games or whatever were decided by a point. They are a bad team with bad luck. One game they were a tenth of a second away from winning and another they lost on a last second shot. It's probably about as talented of a group as Crean had in year 1... With worse luck it seems. 

6 hours ago, ray said:

Purdue Person(anatomical-part-above-the-neck)inson grabbed that Virginia player last night and he literally jumped into the air so he would get more momentum when he went to yank the kid to the ground. Then he slammed another kid in the mouth with his flagrant-one elbows and acted like he did nothing wrong.  Later he swatted a shot from behind by the 5'10" Virginia point guard and flexed to the crowd as if he wasn't 15" taller than Clark.  He is such a bully and a (abc...d)bag.  Because of Dickinson I decided to root for the ACC team and not for the underdog BigTen team (even though I want to see the ranked teams get knocked down).  I just have no respect and no love for that ogre.

He's Grayson Allen and Brad Davison in a 7'1 300 lb frame. Been saying it for three seasons now