Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Let’s see if UNC can get a better shot then the step back 3 by Love being tied lol.   Good thing he made sure his feet were behind the line 

Don't get me started USPS!! That possession was going nowhere the whole time. Why wait until the final seconds to put pressure on the defense?

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Let’s see if UNC can get a better shot then the step back 3 by Love being tied lol.   Good thing he made sure his feet were behind the line 

How does Nance pass up the 15 footer on the baseline with a 6” height advantage? You can’t get a better look.

Portland v MSU is going to end before this game.

This has been a terrible end to the game. They've let the clock run well past the whistle or ball going through the net a handful of times. Pretty sure the officials and everyone else is over it by now.

Just now, ziggyiu said:

Seeing how horrifically UNC was coached throughout thr PK Invitational, I've gone from hoping IU beats UNC next week to being disappointed if IU doesn't beat UNC. 

In Assembly Hall, it really shouldn't be close with the way UNC has played to start the season.

34 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Buy games so far, according to KP:

• Morehead St - 258
  • Bethune - 325
  • Miami (OH) - 282
  • Little Rock - 329
  • Jackson St. - 302

Xavier - 31

Our current SOS is really poor (towards the bottom of D1 poor) but should get better soon with UNC, Arizona, and KU coming up. We could do some working on the area between the good and ugly part of the schedule.

Exactly. I could not care less about gaming the NET. I’m more worried about getting the team ready and those 250-300+ games are pretty worthless besides making the AD money.   

Every one of those games saw our guys out athlete those squads eventually, but that strategy was not helpful versus Xavier when we had to shorten the bench and play TJD most of the game. That’ll be more typical of B1G play than games where we get Banks and Gunn a bunch of minutes. I think we learned more about the team in the one Xavier game than all the other games combined. 

We play UNC and then start conf play. So only two real games to prepare for conf play. It’s not an optimal setup for performance. 

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Exactly. I could not care less about gaming the NET. I’m more worried about getting the team ready and those 250-300+ games are pretty worthless besides making the AD money.   

Every one of those games saw our guys out athlete those squads eventually, but that strategy was not helpful versus Xavier when we had to shorten the bench and play TJD most of the game. That’ll be more typical of B1G play than games where we get Banks and Gunn a bunch of minutes. I think we learned more about the team in the one Xavier game than all the other games combined. 

We play UNC and then start conf play. So only two real games to prepare for conf play. It’s not an optimal setup for performance. 

I wouldn’t say they were useless they let us play our bench even when they made mistakes.  Against a team in the mid 100s good chance we can’t do that and the guys don’t get experience.  

Do I think our schedule could be a bit tougher  Of course   But I think it’s very valuable that all of our freshmen and Bates have had the ability to play thru mistakes and learn  hopefully that pays off 

With the conference wanting 2  conference games early in the year almost every team will go into those games less prepared.  Unless you play in a pre tourney your competition is going into those games isn’t going to be the best.   B1G set the trend when they went to 20 games and know other conferences followed and play 2 early games.   Usually these games a sloppy as heck but still count like the rest.