Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That Xavier win is going to travel the distance. Nice win for them last night. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them knock off the Dookies today. They (Duke) don’t fully pass the WayneFleek eye test.

Michigan State basically played Alabama with their backups last night. Akins and Hall out. Sissoko?

Some great games today.

Keion Brooks hit a clutch shot to secure a Washington win over Saint Mary’s.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hall was/is out— a few weeks for a possible stress fracture in his foot? That sounds like a bigger problem to me.

Akins is a backup but just a sprained ankle.

Sissoko is an unreliable player who was lousy last night. UK made him and Hauser look better than they are.

Arizona looks top 5-10 to me without question. That game will be tough.

Kansas, UNC, Duke all clearly very good but look at least vulnerable and seemingly less intimidating.

Our NonCon big games will hold value and seem to be gaining value.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Arizona has looked far better than KU or UNC. I know KU is a true roadie so we can’t expect to win but they haven’t looked great. UNC looks like they did for much of the regular season last year, uninterested. We should win that one.

Arizona is us with bigger bigs playing better and guards who have been scoring. That one will be tough at a “neutral” site.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU, Iowa, Illinois, maybe Purdue and Wisconsin, and Rutgers if they can get healthy.
Those are my top of the B1G so far.

I see you’ve changed your opinion on Illinois and Purdue?

Michigan state at full strength and Ohio State right in the mix.

Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa are similar in they have strong coaches with identities that seem to regularly outperform expectations. Painter has recently received the Izzo treatment by the press where they just expect him to figure it out. Gard, if he keeps outperforming, will get that label soon enough.

I like Indiana roster best this year. Illinois is next for me. Iowa is better than I gave credit for. Ohio State I thought would be solid. Good coach, good roster. Sensabaugh a surprise this early. Thornton isn’t too impressive but he’s steady, especially as a freshman.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I see you’ve changed your opinion on Illinois and Purdue?

Michigan state at full strength and Ohio State right in the mix.

Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa are similar in they have strong coaches with identities that seem to regularly outperform expectations. Painter has recently received the Izzo treatment by the press where they just expect him to figure it out. Gard, if he keeps outperforming, will get that label soon enough.

I like Indiana roster best this year. Illinois is next for me. Iowa is better than I gave credit for. Ohio State I thought would be solid. Good coach, good roster. Sensabaugh a surprise this early. Thornton isn’t too impressive but he’s steady, especially as a freshman.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I still think that Edey won’t hold up at 30 minutes a game , and that they are an Edey injury away from being a 10th Pl. or worse conference team.

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I still think that Edey won’t hold up at 30 minutes again, and that they are an Edey injury away from being a 10th Pl. or worse conference team.

Heck, 10th place might be good enough for the Boilers to get in anyway.  lol

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Seth Greenberg just compared TJD to Domantas Sabonis which is possibly one of the worst comparisons I’ve ever heard?

Both lefties and…….played basketball in the state of Indiana?

If that's his standard, maybe Wayman Tisdale would've checked his boxes a little better. lol

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Arizona has looked far better than KU or UNC. I know KU is a true roadie so we can’t expect to win but they haven’t looked great. UNC looks like they did for much of the regular season last year, uninterested. We should win that one.

Arizona is us with bigger bigs playing better and guards who have been scoring. That one will be tough at a “neutral” site.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed, I haven't watched as many games as a lot of you, but Arizona is the best looking team I've seen so far.