Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Erik Stevenson's West Virginia team plays Purdue tonight.  Stevenson leads West Virginia in scoring.  The Mountaineers are his FOURTH team, all from different conferences.

He played 68 games at Wichita State in 2018-19 and 2019-20, starting 32.  He then went to Washington in 2020-21 and played 26 games (he was granted clearance without sitting out), starting 23.  He transferred after one year and played last year at South Carolina, starting all 31 games he played in.  Now he's at West Virginia.

Worth noting that West Virginia has four players averaging in double figures.  All transferred to West Virginia in the offseason.  They also just landed MEAC preseason player of the year Jose Perez who is enrolling in the spring semester.  He decided to transfer two weeks ago and prior to the first game at Manhattan after Manhattan's coach Steve Masiello was fired about three weeks before the start of the season.

Masiello had been at Manhattan for eleven years.  Eight years ago he was hired at South Florida but then fired before he took the job as they discovered he had lied on his resume about having his college degree.  This season, Masiello wanted his contract to be extended (he is his in last year) and Manhattan would not do so and the rift was large enough that they fired him.

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just goes to show you that the unsportsmanlike calls are going to be different depending on the crew working 

And the circumstances. Few refs are going to call a technical for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of a game. They make the call earlier in the game to establish control.

39 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Xavier is going win this game but Xavier’s players did the Gator chomp to their fans and no T was called with about 35 sec left.   Just goes to show you that the unsportsmanlike calls are going to be different depending on the crew working 

Maybe if the refs called techs on Xavier when they were supposed to against us they wouldn't be so out of control now lol

17 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Kansas and Wisconsin going to overtime.

The best game I’ve seen all year.

Glad we’re only playing Wisconsin once this season and in Bloomington 

Not me. I live in Madison…lol.  

I think we match up well with this Wisconsin team. Wisconsin acquitted themselves well yesterday though, minus the awful blocking out. That game actually gave me more confidence going against Kansas. We’ll be underdogs, but I think we can win it. 

That Xavier win is going to travel the distance. Nice win for them last night. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them knock off the Dookies today. They (Duke) don’t fully pass the WayneFleek eye test.

Michigan State basically played Alabama with their backups last night. Akins and Hall out. Sissoko?

Some great games today.

Keion Brooks hit a clutch shot to secure a Washington win over Saint Mary’s.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Arizona looks top 5-10 to me without question. That game will be tough.

Kansas, UNC, Duke all clearly very good but look at least vulnerable and seemingly less intimidating.

Our NonCon big games will hold value and seem to be gaining value.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners