Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So far this season in five games, Rob Phinisee is averaging 20.7 minutes per game and 1.0 points on 13% fg, 11% 3pt. He has not attempted a free throw. Of the three coaches he has played for, his "best" offensive season was under Archie Miller.

Rob should have went to Ball St.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So far this season in five games, Rob Phinisee is averaging 20.7 minutes per game and 1.0 points on 13% fg, 11% 3pt. He has not attempted a free throw. Of the three coaches he has played for, his "best" offensive season was under Archie Miller.

That is legitimately wild. Is he worse than he was a high school senior at this point?

6 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

That is legitimately wild. Is he worse than he was a high school senior at this point?

Apples and oranges. If you put a 22 year old Rob Phinisee into a high school game he would completely dominate physically.

Never forget that Rob was a top recruit for some major programs.  He chose IU over Purdue, Ohio St and Virginia.   He was projected as being a guard that was supposed to win lots of games for whatever program he went to.  Those were scouts words who get paid to give their opinion not mine.  At the time it was looked at as a great get by Miller.   Unfortunately for IU and Rob it never worked out like it was projected.   Rob gave 4 years to IU and gave IU fans an incredible moment.   Got to wonder what he had left in the tank after the injuries and some hard times in is 4 years at IU.   

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never forget that Rob was a top recruit for some major programs.  He chose IU over Purdue, Ohio St and Virginia.   He was projected as being a guard that was supposed to win lots of games for whatever program he went to.  Those were scouts words who get paid to give their opinion not mine.  At the time it was looked at as a great get by Miller.   Unfortunately for IU and Rob it never worked out like it was projected.   Rob gave 4 years to IU and gave IU fans an incredible moment.   Got to wonder what he had left in the tank after the injuries and some hard times in is 4 years at IU.   

He's a kid I will always pull for. I remember him saying how surreal and amazing it was when he hit that big buzzer beater against Butler and how much he loved IU.

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

And to add ... a great person and a proud alumnus of Indiana University.

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

The real question is...You think their fans even know the game is happening? 

Cincy fans probably. Fans of An Ohio State University? Nah, they are too busy making hurtful memes about Michigan in anticipation of a win Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Cincy fans probably. Fans of An Ohio State University? Nah, they are too busy making hurtful memes about Michigan in anticipation of a win Saturday. 

While trying to post as many messages as possible that contain the letter M so they can put an X in its place...damn that sh*t gets annoying. 

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

What was the line on this O$U game? They're enjoying a really favorable whistle coming down the stretch.

The officiating in that game was extremely easy to ridicule.  San Diego State looked really tough.  Even with the officials offering chances of seven-point possessions for Ohio State, the Aztecs still managed to take them down.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Might not have been an option for him.

I would like to think that after his time at IU that his phone was ringing frequently.  IMO he would have been better off transferring to a "small" school.  I used Ball St. as an example.