Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Remember how Brooks was a cancer. Lol

There was an old quote that was often applied to Bob Knight: "He can beat your players with his and can beat his players with yours."

John Calipari can't beat your players with his, nor his players with yours. But he can outrecruit you.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Obviously the guy involved is a basketball player,  but is this actually related to the game/rivalry? That’d be really awful. 

I haven't seen a reason given but since the teams were supposed to play this weekend I assumed it was because of the rivalry.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Without seeing the evidence, the odds that this in any related to any basketball rivalry are infinitesimally low.

Yeah I figured this was unrelated, but haven’t read a ton about it. 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I haven't seen a reason given but since the teams were supposed to play this weekend I assumed it was because of the rivalry.

Meh - not sure that anyone gives enough of a rat's @$$ about New Mexico State basketball.

Peake is a mediocre player on a mediocre team who was carrying a firearm to meet these people. I'm gonna speculate that this was a bad situation waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Meh - not sure that anyone gives enough of a rat's @$$ about New Mexico State basketball.

Good point. I sometimes forget others don't care as much as IU fans. Not that even they care enough to assault  opposing players. 

I just realized by reading a little more that this shooting occurred while NMSU was at their team hotel on the road. So Peake left the team hotel and was lured into this situation while also having a gun on him…what a sad, strange deal. 

Houston is going to be a tough out.  Don’t see many teams in the AAC that will be able to challenge them.   They are controlling this game at Oregon.  Up 15 with 8 min to go.   They play St Marys and Virginia and Alabama in the non conference.  One of those teams better get them because I don’t see them losing in conference.  Maybe Memphis 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Houston is going to be a tough out.  Don’t see many teams in the AAC that will be able to challenge them.   They are controlling this game at Oregon.  Up 15 with 8 min to go.   They play St Marys and Virginia and Alabama in the non conference.  One of those teams better get them because I don’t see them losing in conference.  Maybe Memphis 

They have some "dudes" (not sure if we can use the other term anymore) who compete.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They have some "dudes" (not sure if we can use the other term anymore) who compete.

Most of them low ranked probably overlooked kids.   Sampson knows what type a kid he wants and recruits to it not matter the ranking.   Now their class this year has some higher ranked kids in it but his foundation was set with those lower ranked kids 

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Poor UK fans...another year of just playing games with one-year rentals and waiting for March to arrive. 

I will never, ever, feel sorry for them.

They bought into the “Gold Standard” BS Calipari was dishing out 10 years ago because they thought it was the way they were going to stay on top after some down years with Tubby Smith.

Wanna lay in a bed of roses? Well, gotta learn to deal with the thorns, too.