Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Oh damn, Nova made a comeback

Michigan St gets a foul on Nova by hip checking their own guy on a screen

I go upstairs to put the kids to bed and they are up double digits and come back down and they are only up 1.   Wow 

Some hot takes from last night 

Michigan State I am not sure if they are good or not.  They are very back and forth.  Probably good knowing Izzo. 

Illinois is better than I thought.   That unbalanced conference schedule looks large.  No room for error on our part

If last nights IU and last nights Kansas teams were to play at Kansas we have a shot.  

54 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Michigan State I am not sure if they are good or not.  They are very back and forth.  Probably good knowing Izzo

Seems like they are to me. They’ve played 3 quality opponents already and went 2-1. I’m not convinced IU would’ve went 2-1 on that stretch.  I think they’ll be a classically tough Izzo team by Feb. 

Some hot takes from last night 
Michigan State I am not sure if they are good or not.  They are very back and forth.  Probably good knowing Izzo. 

Illinois is better than I thought.   That unbalanced conference schedule looks large.  No room for error on our part
If last nights IU and last nights Kansas teams were to play at Kansas we have a shot.  

I was in on Illinois. This is proving true. As much as I hate Underwood, I respect him. He creates winners. I had them #2 in the big.

Michigan State admittedly is surprising me. I’ve always like Hall. He’s really good. Izzo obviously does a good job winning but he’s got to be even exceeding his own expectations. Sissoko is better than expected. Bench is thin. Walk/Hoggard/Akins very capable guards. I think our size is a big issue for them.

The B1G has some damn good coaches. That’s for sure.

Last nights win was huge for us. Win 1 or 2 of the next 3 big ones and we are in great shape.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

MSU looks better than I thought, although st this time of year Izzo is usually playing like ten guys or more significant minutes, and he’s a little tighter right now. They’ve got about 6 guys he trusts, two of whom — Hoggard and Sissoko — are also very up and down. Maybe Kohler comes around as #7, but they are not very deep. Fine unless they have injury issues.

12 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

1st game since the tragedy, UVA upset Baylor...and scored 86! in regulation!

Armaan had 26

They were so smart and composed down the stretch in the face of that crazy Baylor pressure. Bennett is such a good coach.