Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My favorite game to play

Did you know he transferred?

did you know Brandon John’s transferred from Michigan to VCU.   I didn’t or I forgot until I turned on the VCU game 

How's he look?

Iowa up 10 under 4 min to do.   Another non conference win for the B1G.   Reminder every non conference  win in November and December will help the B1G out in March.   These games have so much influence on how the conference games go.   More wins= more Q1 and Q2 games in conference and less Q3 and Q4 in conference 

12 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yeah, KU doesn't strike me as the most physically talented team, but they are very good and play smart. Wilson looks to be a problem. 

Maybe it's because they are young and it's early, or maybe because I hate them and am biased, but Duke didn't impress me. Of course they have lots of great players (Filipowski is a lottery pick) and they play hard, but not particularly smart. Kind of a hero ball feel. Seemed like they just took turns clearing out and going one on one. KU had a lot of lay-ups and clean looks too. I have little doubt they'll end up winning a ton of games and be a top 3 seed, but they have a ways to go, IMO.  

For the first time in a long time I think we have the talent to compete with the top teams in the country. We are experienced and deep with a good mix of really good young guys. The one thing that I have noticed is that our freshmen aren't intimidated by the college game. They all believe they can play. And, I think that has added some confidence to the older guys. We won't go undefeated but we are going to be a problem for everyone we play.

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think that’s how they designed the new arena.  It holds 15000 

It appears the upper part exists and is opened for concerts and other events. Bottom bowl holds 10k for basketball. How they can’t sell the other 5,000 tickets for a Gonzaga type matchup is beyond me even in Texas. 

11 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Last time a D-1 school started the season with three straight 1 point losses was the 1980-1981 season. ESPN had it on their ticker over and over and over and over and over..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What I hate it that they don't follow up with WHO and how the rest of the season went!

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Or not 

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

It appears the upper part exists and is opened for concerts and other events. Bottom bowl holds 10k for basketball. How they can’t sell the other 5,000 tickets for a Gonzaga type matchup is beyond me even in Texas. 

Attendance was a little over 11k... 4k short.... How?