Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pitt/Michigan 

Cincy at N Kentucky 

ohio/Detroit mercy 

Iowa/seton hall

Arkansas/South Dakota St 

Southern Indiana/Notre Dame 

Vcu/Arizona st 

Zags/Texas 

Some more but these are the ones I’m interested in.   Not bad for a Wednesday night 

I will be curious as to the outcome of the So. Indiana/Notre Dame game.  I smell an upset.  

46 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Umass Lowell/Sacred Heart about to tip off.   Appetizer before the good games start 

Low major games can be an adventure watching.  Lowell was up big but Heart cut to 5.  Espn not really sending the best equipment for these games.  Clock on the screen was about 5 sec slower then the actual clock.   

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Feast week has become 2 weeks of tourneys and I’m here for it all 

Real interested in the Pitt-Michigan game. Jeff Capel got the Tom Allen insane buyout contract extension a couple of years ago and has been terrible. But, after this year it becomes doable. So he needs to make it happen this year or he’s done.

7 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Nd isn’t the same without Wesley they looked very lackluster the game I watched 

They are what Brey wants in a team though.    They got old and stayed old.   Mostly super seniors and seniors with a McDonald’s AA freshman sprinkled in.   They definitely haven’t played like an older team yet.    I think they will be fine but you never know in college basketball 

see teams like Pitt, Syracuse and BC struggling in basketball and wonder how much of that could be due to switching to the ACC. Those are more of a eastern colleges and wonder if being in the ACC has hurt recruiting.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

see teams like Pitt, Syracuse and BC struggling in basketball and wonder how much of that could be due to switching to the ACC. Those are more of a eastern colleges and wonder if being in the ACC has hurt recruiting.

For me it’s more about the coaching at each of those schools.    Boeheim has been at Cuse for like 46 years.  At some point him hanging on and not retiring is hurting the program more then it’s helping.  Pittsburgh and Boston college are getting what they deserve for running off 2 great coaches that had no business being fired.   Al Skinner and Jamie Dixon were still winning at a good level when they were both let.   The record of both of those programs after they fired those coaches is laughable compared to what they did before they were let go 

10 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Rob really struggling shooting 11% from the field so far this season

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Never would of guessed at the time of watching Isaiah Thompson and Rob going at it at the tip-off classic that both would transfer down to programs like Cincy and Florida Gulf Coast.  Crazy how things work out