Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

How are they an invite to the “champions classic “ over us ? Wouldn’t we be a better fit ? I get Kansas Kentucky and Duke 

Well for the last 20 years MSU has been the most prominent Big Ten team. This has been going on for a few years and who would you pick MSU or IU

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well for the last 20 years MSU has been the most prominent Big Ten team. This has been going on for a few years and who would you pick MSU or IU

I mean if the theme is champions classic …iu ….if you’re wanting success during the time it was established ….you make a fair point unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I mean if the theme is champions classic …iu ….if you’re wanting success during the time it was established ….you make a fair point unfortunately 

Well MSU has went to the most final fours from the big ten. Also if it was just about championships then UCLA and UNC would be there instead of KU and MSU

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

This is the kind of guy Rick Majerus was, true story: I saw him at a hotel in downtown Indy at the ‘91 Final Four. I’d met him very briefly a couple of times, but he didn’t know me from Adam. Walked up to say hello. He was getting a map from the concierge to go “running”. He gets his map and asks me if I want to go with him. Of course, I say yes. End up walking around the canal and he’s talking ball with me like I have any business in this conversation. Unbelievable. We get back to the hotel and I’m thanking him and he asks if I want grab dinner with him. We end up going to a place on the Circle and we talk nothing but basketball. He answers my questions and breaks stuff down like I’m not some random kid on the absolute periphery of his world, but someone who was at least close to an equal. Oh, and he paid. Just an amazing experience. So, along with being on my personal Rushmore of bench coaches, he was that guy.

Majerus was the guy I wanted to replace RMK

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

This is the kind of guy Rick Majerus was, true story: I saw him at a hotel in downtown Indy at the ‘91 Final Four. I’d met him very briefly a couple of times, but he didn’t know me from Adam. Walked up to say hello. He was getting a map from the concierge to go “running”. He gets his map and asks me if I want to go with him. Of course, I say yes. End up walking around the canal and he’s talking ball with me like I have any business in this conversation. Unbelievable. We get back to the hotel and I’m thanking him and he asks if I want grab dinner with him. We end up going to a place on the Circle and we talk nothing but basketball. He answers my questions and breaks stuff down like I’m not some random kid on the absolute periphery of his world, but someone who was at least close to an equal. Oh, and he paid. Just an amazing experience. So, along with being on my personal Rushmore of bench coaches, he was that guy.

Man... That is a bucket list type memory right there. I envy you but glad you got to experience it!

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

Every now and then …they don’t suck 

3 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

So THATS how you get 34,000 posts

Lol.  I could be wrong but I don’t think that number is an actual post count but something to do with community reputation.   If it is actual post count then yes posting about every game possible is something I will try to do 

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I wish everyone would just join the same one to avoid duplication ….I remember his older brother …didn’t he have one at Marquette also ?

Yeah the Hauser brothers played at Marquette.   His brother transferred to Virginia for his last year the same year Joey transferred to Sparty 

That is an awesome story and only elevates his lore in my eyes, which was already very high.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk