Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before:

The Valley is going to be a slugfest. 

Watched Indiana State the other night and I was impressed. They have a pretty talented bunch. Hoping for a good year, too bad Tyreke didn't stick around.

Edited by ebridges24
duplicate

11 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Watched Indiana State the other night and I was impressed. They have some pretty talented bunch. Hoping for a good year, too bad Tyreke didn't stick around.

Love the makeup of that team. Schertz building his own squad will be fun to watch because they aren’t going to play the classic Valley/B1G style. I think Key is going to be awesome at Tennessee. 

Is anyone else aggravated about how there are no big time matchups for the entire first week of the CBB season? It just does nothing to generate excitement for the sport compared to the hype that the first week of CFB gets with all the great games. 

The season should start off with some huge event with marquee teams like the old great Alaskan shootout or NIT Tournament, not all these diabetes inducing cupcake matchups. Seriously is there a reason for such a wimpy start? 

20 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Seriously is there a reason for such a wimpy start? 

We now live in a world where coaches are constantly looking over their shoulders, afraid that any little screwup may cost them their job. Starting the season off with a loss is a disaster at a lot of places, and coaches are scared to death their teams won't be ready for a tough opponent and will look awful. Gotta beat up on a team or two early and calm everyone's nerves a bit. I don't like it, but it's the world of college athletics that big money and mega-contracts have brought us. 

32 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Is anyone else aggravated about how there are no big time matchups for the entire first week of the CBB season? It just does nothing to generate excitement for the sport compared to the hype that the first week of CFB gets with all the great games. 

The season should start off with some huge event with marquee teams like the old great Alaskan shootout or NIT Tournament, not all these diabetes inducing cupcake matchups. Seriously is there a reason for such a wimpy start? 

Election year.    Champions classic got moved to the second weekend this year.   Usually it starts out the college basketball year

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Detroit up 1.   Boston college on the line with 1:47 to go.   Sloppy on both sides the last 5 min 

Boston college gets an offensive rebound and hits a 3 to go up 2 with 14 sec to go.   Detroit ball