Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

27 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

While the ruling is asinine, it has been fun (living in the Lousville area) to see the NCAA cloud completely kneecap the Lousviille program. They couldn't recruit at all. 

Plus I feel confident Kenny Payne wont br making the tourney for at least a year or 2. 

An interesting take on UL:

The five years in-limbo was more harmful to them than an immediate two year squashing would have been.

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Archie can't be overly happy.

From Matt Norlander -- 

Former Louisville assistant Kenny Johnson has been hit with a two-year show-cause that will prohibit him from recruiting. Johnson was hired in the spring by Archie Miller at Rhode Island. Former U of L assistant Jordan Fair also assessed a two-year show-cause.

Kenny Johnson's two-year show-cause punishment is an unusual one, but here are the particulars: Johnson is prohibited from any recruiting in April and July live periods for the next two years. Otherwise, he'll be able to continue his assistant-coaching duties as normal.

Johnson will be able to recruit for Rhode Island during the year and go to high school games, etc. That is still allowable. He'll be on the bench for games, in practices, all of it. But he'll be banned from any recruiting in the April and July live periods in '23 and '24.

Not a thing for Archie. I’m sure he hired Johnson for his X’s and O’s wizardry.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

An interesting take on UL:

The five years in-limbo was more harmful to them than an immediate two year squashing would have been.

This is kind of my thought. The NCAA actually delivered a worse punishment with their ineptitude. 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

We are about 19 hrs away from the best sport on the planet beginning the regular season.    This is like Christmas Eve for me.   I cannot wait to begin this long journey of college basketball with everyone on here.   This thread is now a part of my college basketball watching experience.   For older posters you know the drill.  Come in and enjoy games.  Someone will always be in here ready to talk about the season.    For the newer posters that are hoops junkies come in and introduce yourselves and enjoy the ride.  We might have disagreements and go back and forth on certain stuff in here but at the end of the day we are all in here because we love this awesome game.   I’m hoping with IU hopefully being good more people will stop by and join the fun.   Slate tomorrow is lacking but that won’t stop me from watching in the college basketball room. 

games to watch tomorrow 

Baylor/Miss valley St (noon   First game of the year)

IU/Morehead St

Michigan/Fort Wayne 

Indiana St/Green Bay

Ohio/Belmont 

Murray St/St Louis 

Vanderbilt/Memphis

most of these are only on espn+ so not much viewing for people who don’t have it On regular tv probably a bunch of blowout games 

Thanks in advance to everyone that comes along for the ride.    Always more enjoyable sharing a passion for something with others during the season     I told Mrs USPS and the Little USPSs I will see them in April (kidding of course…..)

Murray St/St.Louis is one that could have implications late in the year as mid majors try to claw for a spot.

EDIT:  took a look at what Murray St has coming back….they lost a ton.  Joined the MVC this year and bartovik had them in the bottom half.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Your feng shui needs work.  Need another screen on the left side of the room.

I do in March.   If you want to talk to Mrs USPS and tell her I need another one during the season that would be great.  Left side has no room it’s dark but there is a couch around there