Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't know about self destructing. He seems to be doing just fine. Some don't like his politics, many do. Lots of Colts game hate him though because they are all blind as bats and think it's an amazing organization and he calls it otherwise. 

He's not "doing just fine." And yes, people hate his politics but keep in mind, the IU team that played for him, including some seriously squared-away guys like DJ White and Eric Gordon, wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. And they knew him five-ten years before Dakich became attached and attracted to 'certain political philosophies.'

You also don't see Woody, Whitman, Buckner, or any of the very high-level, squared-away alums ever giving him the time of day. 

The man has become toxic in so many ways which is a shame, because on the basketball side he's pretty knowledgeable and is an excellent analyst.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's not "doing just fine." And yes, people hate his politics but keep in mind, the IU team that played for him, including some seriously squared-away guys like DJ White and Eric Gordon, wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. And they knew him five-ten years before Dakich became attached and attracted to 'certain political philosophies.'

You also don't see Woody, Whitman, Buckner, or any of the very high-level, squared-away alums ever giving him the time of day. 

The man has become toxic in so many ways which is a shame, because on the basketball side he's pretty knowledgeable and is an excellent analyst.

I mean that is their choice if they don't like his politics. Pretty immature if you ask me but people can do as they please. That team he "coached" probably aren't happy that Dakich let's everyone know that team was invested with stupidity. I don't base what I like off them. Be was good at his job. And I'd say he is definitely doing fine. Still has a show so. 

39 minutes ago, Demo said:

Per Rothstein: Illinois’ Luke Goode broke a bone in his foot Saturday and had surgery today. No timeline for return. Significant loss.

Great shooter. Good athlete. Significant loss is right. They still have nice pieces but losing potentially your best shooter isn’t ideal. 

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Per Rothstein: Illinois’ Luke Goode broke a bone in his foot Saturday and had surgery today. No timeline for return. Significant loss.

Hate to hear this.  Wish him a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Not a fan of Calipari, but I love this. Great job!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Is it possible that he has a heart? I hope that is the case and not just a marketing play to make him look like he cares.

Not a fan of Calipari, but I love this. Great job!

[/url]

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He is winning the off-season big time. And recruiting per usual. I hope it doesn’t translate to the court but this is a cool gesture no matter the true intentions. Probably seen as a win win, which it is.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Word on street is Illinois beat Kansas in secret scrimmage but no confirmation.  

Without Goode no less?

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Word on street is Illinois beat Kansas in secret scrimmage but no confirmation.  

Hard to gauge a true winner.   1 20 minute segment and then 3 10 minute segments and situational things.    A lot of mixed lineups 

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Hard to gauge a true winner.   1 20 minute segment and then 3 10 minute segments and situational things.    A lot of mixed lineups 

Yeah secret scrimmages are for the coaches, lineup testing, teaching moments, stopped plays, etc. can't really assess a team on one

7 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah secret scrimmages are for the coaches, lineup testing, teaching moments, stopped plays, etc. can't really assess a team on one

I’ve wondered if they are similar to HS scrimmages. If so can’t take too much away from them.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I’ve wondered if they are similar to HS scrimmages. If so can’t take too much away from them.

They can differ depending on the coaches and what they want to test but it’s typical to have multiple play stoppages, coaches injecting teaching moments, lots of different lineups etc