Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Geno continues to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Of women's coaches my top two favorites are Geno and Pat Summit. Those Connecticut and Tennessee finals were the best talk about two passionate coaches. I always wonder what teams Summit would have had if she hadn't gotten early onset Alzheimer's. She probably would have broken the records for most wins.

3 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Of women's coaches my top two favorites are Geno and Pat Summit. Those Connecticut and Tennessee finals were the best talk about two passionate coaches. I always wonder what teams Summit would have had if she hadn't gotten early onset Alzheimer's. She probably would have broken the records for most wins.

Pat's awesome. I thought she was the winningest when she stepped down though.

Geno will end up with the record if he keeps coaching. 

I like McGraw and Mulkey too. Mulkey has one of the best win % out there. Similar to Pat and Geno, just a lot less years. I was surprised she left Baylor. 

18 hours ago, Southside said:

Pat's awesome. I thought she was the winningest when she stepped down though.

Geno will end up with the record if he keeps coaching. 

I like McGraw and Mulkey too. Mulkey has one of the best win % out there. Similar to Pat and Geno, just a lot less years. I was surprised she left Baylor. 

At the time when she stepped down she did. Not too recently the Stanford coach passed her and Geno is third.

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Imagine this is mostly accurate. But, VCU being more popular than UVA or Va Tech seems pretty far off.

I live in Virginia and can say -- U.Va. is the choice here. I found Dayton to be a pretty perplexing choice, too. 

That whole account just posts whatever it wants to stir the pot, then gets posted and shared like there’s been work out in beyond decent graphics work. 

Also, a little arbitrary, especially when teams like UofL and Duke aren’t represented. It has repeatedly been great publicity for Indiana though. 

11 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And TT over UT in Texas? Naahh

I don't know, I went to UT for grad school and went to a few basketball games. If they weren't playing a big-name team, the stands were laughably empty.

50 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I don't know, I went to UT for grad school and went to a few basketball games. If they weren't playing a big-name team, the stands were laughably empty.

I’m in TX, have been to games, that’s unusual 

8 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I’m in TX, have been to games, that’s unusual 

To be fair, I went to grad school from '13 to '15, maybe it's improved. One game I distinctly remember was against UT Arlington and I swear the stands were ~15% full.

51 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

To be fair, I went to grad school from '13 to '15, maybe it's improved. One game I distinctly remember was against UT Arlington and I swear the stands were ~15% full.

Yeah and TX is of course a football state, but UT is bigger than TT basketball, though it hasn't been great lately

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

If support this for Big Ten as well especially as schedule are about to get even more unbalanced. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If support this for Big Ten as well especially as schedule are about to get even more unbalanced. 

I can see it now.  We win the regular season title and get seeded #3 in the BTT.