Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I think he is from wherever EMU is, so somewhat makes sense

Yeah, besides at one point he was pegged as the next Lebron/KD, then a drop to top3 in his class, then to a ineffective college piece at Memphis, then to a non power 5 team.

I watched his HS games.  He was very talented.  An amazing drop and story.  I’m ready for his 30/30 story.  

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, besides at one point he was pegged as the next Lebron/KD, then a drop to top3 in his class, then to a ineffective college piece at Memphis, then to a non power 5 team.

I watched his HS games.  He was very talented.  An amazing drop and story.  I’m ready for his 30/30 story.  

Bates and Switch the Emoni Story

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Ryan Humphrey, Notre Dame Asst. Coach and a pretty highly regarded guy, is leaving for another opportunity. Interesting timing.

Wonder if he's heading back home to OK, to join Moser. I think he lost his associate HC to Sac St. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Good for him!

Stan Heath seems like a quality guy, and Bates is pulling back from the spotlight a little.

Pretty nice gym, too. For all the hype and criticism, it sure doesn’t seem like Emoni’s at fault. Good luck to him.

I thought Louisville was an interesting potential fit: transition season, not a ton to lose if it doesn’t work in year one, at least. If it did work, there’s some mutual upside. At one point it seemed like a foregone conclusion, and I’m curious what happened there.

So on Bates... 

IIRC... he was going to skip college altogether. Then he reclassified. Committed to Sparty. Then flipped to Memphis. 

Started hot at Memphis, then injured, then returned and still did OK for a frosh. Decided to transfer, and thought Meatchicken and Louisville were favs. Ends up at a MAC?

Can't keep all this straight lol. Good luck to him though. Will be interesting to see his level of talent in the MAC. 

11 hours ago, Southside said:

So on Bates... 

IIRC... he was going to skip college altogether. Then he reclassified. Committed to Sparty. Then flipped to Memphis. 

Started hot at Memphis, then injured, then returned and still did OK for a frosh. Decided to transfer, and thought Meatchicken and Louisville were favs. Ends up at a MAC?

Can't keep all this straight lol. Good luck to him though. Will be interesting to see his level of talent in the MAC. 

The Michigan noise was all from the player’s side. I know less about the UL situation, but can imagine it would’ve made some sense to take the risk there, in a transition year, more so than UM.

1 minute ago, J34 said:

UCLA and USC joining the Big10?

More teams to pummel IU in football. 

I understand that it would be a great addition as far as additional fans and spanning the whole country for the BTN but it seems like the logistics would be a nightmare. Would there be 9 PM (pacific time) games played in California? Even 7 PM games would be late on the east coast. Or would they be earlier where the west coast fans would have to take off work to watch?

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

More teams to pummel IU in football. 

I understand that it would be a great addition as far as additional fans and spanning the whole country for the BTN but it seems like the logistics would be a nightmare. Would there be 9 PM (pacific time) games played in California? Even 7 PM games would be late on the east coast. Or would they be earlier where the west coast fans would have to take off work to watch?

Feel like they would have to adopt a style of these two teams going on road trips. 2 or 3 road games at a time then 2 or 3 home games at a time as well. Time change is no joke 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Feel like they would have to adopt a style of these two teams going on road trips. 2 or 3 road games at a time then 2 or 3 home games at a time as well. Time change is no joke 

And a follow up will be that teams going there will either need more time off between the games and would be better to ply both at the same time 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Indeed it isn't. I live in AZ and have family in Indiana so I know first hand about the time differences.

I think you're right, though. They'd probably have to have a team make the trip then play at least 2 road games before heading back. Like IU would go to California then play at UCLA and USC before heading home. Or USC would go to IN and play IU and PU before heading back.

Or maybe 2 teams would go and each play 2 games, switching teams they play like a 4 team "Classic" on 2 sites. For example, IU and PU would go to California. IU would play at UCLA while PU was at USC then they would switch and IU would play at USC with PU at UCLA.

IDK, all the scenarios seem terrible. Not as bad for football as basketball, though. The NBA does it but those players aren't also students.