Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

My niece is thinking about going there.  I don’t think her parents have told her they won’t be paying for college just yet 

Very expensive school.... As in over $25K per quarter (NW is quarterly not semesters)

My daughter got a full ride at Vanderbilt, so much better off. Not that this is any kind of newsflash, but if there's a scholarship or even just a good but significantly less expensive school out there, your niece would do well to focus on the ultimate cost of college now

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Very expensive school.... As in over $25K per quarter (NW is quarterly not semesters)

My daughter got a full ride at Vanderbilt, so much better off. Not that this is any kind of newsflash, but if there's a scholarship or even just a good but significantly less expensive school out there, your niece would do well to focus on the ultimate cost of college now

Agreed.  I think reality will hit her soon. My wife was talking to her about IU then talking to her about IUPUI.  I assume I missed the part where she offered to let her live with us for a year or two before transferring down to Bloomington. 

My niece who just graduated is going to Loyola and doesn’t even know what she wants to study. It’s mind boggling to me. I think she is not thinking it through.  Her older sister got a full ride to Michigan then Stanford for PhD. And her brother is going to school my brother in law works at.  So none of her sibling could really advise her on student Loans. And you know 18 year olds. No reason to listen to the old people in the room. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

My niece who just graduated is going to Loyola

What's wrong with Loyola? It is a good school. The campus is on Lake Michigan. They are in Chicago which offers all kinds of great amenities--1st class museums, great music, parks, restaurants. I've known people who have gone to Loyola and loved it. The only downside imo is  Chicago winters--they can be brutal.

9 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

What's wrong with Loyola? It is a good school. The campus is on Lake Michigan. They are in Chicago which offers all kinds of great amenities--1st class museums, great music, parks, restaurants. I've known people who have gone to Loyola and loved it. The only downside imo is  Chicago winters--they can be brutal.

Spending 50,000+ a year when you don’t even know what you want to study just seems silly to me idk. 

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Spending 50,000+ a year when you don’t even know what you want to study just seems silly to me idk. 

Maaaaybe.

About 60% of freshmen either don’t know their major or will change it at least once. Great universities give you a chance to figure it out, and have faculty and processes that facilitate success once you do so.

Some universities are really expensive and not worth it, but if my high school junior could get into Harvard as a general studies major it’d be totally worth the high cost and (temporary) debt.

Northwestern is borderline good enough to justify any cost IMO.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maaaaybe.

About 60% of freshmen either don’t know their major or will change it at least once. Great universities give you a chance to figure it out, and have faculty and processes that facilitate success once you do so.

Some universities are really expensive and not worth it, but if my high school junior could get into Harvard as a general studies major it’d be totally worth the high cost and (temporary) debt.

Northwestern is borderline good enough to justify any cost IMO.

That was in reference to Loyola.  Which I honestly have no clue how it ranks in academics 

Purdue boards are indicating talk that since leaving the NBA his weight had reached 400+ pounds and he was diabetic but was not trying to control it.  Posts there said his organs were shutting down and he died of cardiac arrest.  Just rumors but I do know prior to going to Purdue he was very heavy and had to work himself into playing shape.

15 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Purdue boards are indicating talk that since leaving the NBA his weight had reached 400+ pounds and he was diabetic but was not trying to control it.  Posts there said his organs were shutting down and he died of cardiac arrest.  Just rumors but I do know prior to going to Purdue he was very heavy and had to work himself into playing shape.

So sad

I think the weight issue is old. His new music videos from the past months showed him as pretty slim.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So sad
It's sad Purdue fans are spreading rumors about one of their own. The video I shared is a month old and shows he's not 400+ lbs. RIP to Caleb. I hope that his family gets all the love and support they need right now.

29 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

It's sad Purdue fans are spreading rumors about one of their own. The video I shared is a month old and shows he's not 400+ lbs. RIP to Caleb. I hope that his family gets all the love and support they need right now.

Idk any further details but the Whitely county marijuana arrest in dec 2020 he was bigger and it went viral, unfortunately. Fort Wayne news showed him in court and the same.  That was all a year ago or so, though. 

anyway, RIP to Caleb!  

Does anybody know where I can find a list of every #1 team to lose to an unranked team?   I tried google and didn’t see anything like I was looking for 
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/matchup_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1950&year_max=2022&comp_school=eq&rank_school=1&comp_opp=le&rank_opp=NR&game_type=A&game_result=L&order_by=date_game

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk