Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Purdue picked up a small shooting guard that needs a drive and kick to succeed?

Oh that’s not gonna work.

Hey, hey, hey, let's give them their moment. They finally landed someone from the portal. Let them feel good for at least a little while.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Huzzah HUZZAH!!

Someone said 'yes' to Purdue. 

Unfortunately for them, it's David Jenkins Jr.,  a 6'1" shooting guard that hit the portal because he got benched on a terrible Utah team last year. It will be his fourth team in five years.

I have the utmost confidence that Not Purdue will bounce back from this setback. 

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Hey, hey, hey, let's give them their moment. They finally landed someone from the portal. Let them feel good for at least a little while.

Go over to gold and black.  The most optimistic thing I think I saw was that he would be starting.  When a fanbase can’t even spin a pickup the coach is struggling. 

We let go of a local legend for not being on board with NIL for a reason. Painter needs to get with it. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Go over to gold and black.  The most optimistic thing I think I saw was that he would be starting.  When a fanbase can’t even spin a pickup the coach is struggling. 

We let go of a local legend for not being on board with NIL for a reason. Painter needs to get with it. 

As far as Purdue fans are concerned, Braden Smith is going to end up giving the Big Ten fits. 

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is it clear that Painter's not on board with it? Purdue just might not be able to compete/raise the NIL $ that other Power 5 schools are able to.

51 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

Is it clear that Painter's not on board with it? Purdue just might not be able to compete/raise the NIL $ that other Power 5 schools are able to.

I think their problem is that they have a good but shallow fan base. Our success over the years, and recognition as basketball royalty, gives the depth to compete in that arena.

1 hour ago, vemmeistars said:

They should be able to raise enough for one Marquee player you would think. I guess unless they had to use their funds to keep their front court but if so Painter is dumb.  Gotta have your guards before anybody.  If we didn’t have a group of guards in place for next year I am sure Woodson would be all over that 

As an undersized non-pg, Utah to B1G, Jenkins Jr. bears some superficial resemblance to Alonso Plummer. But Plummer got to play next to, arguably, the second-best guard in the conference, in Trent Frazier, and Jenkins…doesn’t get that luxury. (Not to mention Demo’s less-than-ringing endorsement.)

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Bob McKillop with a surprise retirement press conference. Brutal timing for Davidson unless they hire an assistant, which I'm assuming they will, and even then not great.

One of the best. Imagine his son Matt will get the gig.