Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The change is now official. College basketball players will no longer receive warnings for flopping.

https://www.on3.com/news/ncaa-eliminate-warnings-flopping-immediately-assess-technical-foul-class-b-bob-huggins/

The officials did a poor job of giving a warning so I expect they'll do an even worse job when it comes to handing out technicals. 

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

The officials did a poor job of giving a warning so I expect they'll do an even worse job when it comes to handing out technicals. 

Eh just like traveling or holding in football.  It will be used so rarely when it could be called that it will inevitably result in controversies and be used by officials to manage outcomes 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

PG Dior Johnson, top 20ish kid in ‘22, has de-committed from Oregon. Must come as a bolt out the blue to Dana Altman given that this is his 2nd de-committment(Syracuse) after attending TEN high schools. 

Send like a well grounded kid who really knows what he wants. Very loyal, too. I'm sure the next one will stick. Let's get him. 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

PG Dior Johnson, top 20ish kid in ‘22, has de-committed from Oregon. Must come as a bolt out the blue to Dana Altman given that this is his 2nd de-committment(Syracuse) after attending TEN high schools. 

Is Painter willing to get with the times?

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Illinois’ Jacob Grandison commits to Duke. In an interview with On3 he said this, I am not embellishing it in any way:

“It became clear that I fit with the vision that Coach Scheyer has for Duke basketball,” Grandison said to On3. ”I’m an elite passer to anyone. I’m a shooter and I space the floor. I’m an elite cutter and I’ve proven myself to be a great decision maker. I’m poise under pressure and I play to win. Duke is winning.”

Wow. Particularly fond of “I’m poise under pressure.” 

“I luv me some me!”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

“I luv me some me!”

wow.  Several years ago CBS was trying in vain to make some female college BB player a star and aired an interview where she was asked "What is something most people don't know about you?".  Her response was " That I'm a very humble person". lol

The old saying: "Humility is the oddest gift of all - once you realize you have it, it's gone."

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Huzzah HUZZAH!!

Someone said 'yes' to Purdue. 

Unfortunately for them, it's David Jenkins Jr.,  a 6'1" shooting guard that hit the portal because he got benched on a terrible Utah team last year. It will be his fourth team in five years.

What they really need is a PG. He's not that. Too bad, so sad.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:25 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Eh just like traveling or holding in football.  It will be used so rarely when it could be called that it will inevitably result in controversies and be used by officials to manage outcomes 

Yeah,just like holding in football.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Huzzah HUZZAH!!

Unfortunately for them, it's David Jenkins Jr.,  a 6'1" shooting guard that hit the portal because he got benched on a terrible Utah team last year. It will be his fourth team in five years.

Jenkins couldn’t grasp their motion, Utah’s offense stopped when he was on the floor,  and he couldn’t defend a lick. If he’s not making shots he has no way to help Purdue. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Jenkins couldn’t grasp their motion, Utah’s offense stopped when he was on the floor,  and he couldn’t defend a lick. If he’s not making shots he has no way to help Purdue. 

Purdue picked up a small shooting guard that needs a drive and kick to succeed?

Oh that’s not gonna work.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Huzzah HUZZAH!!

Ahh Bless their heart