Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fully agree.  I think at least 1 of Houstan/Diabate return. To me it’s OSU, Michigan, IU with the best looking rosters. Illinois will be better than expected in my opinion, as with Purdue and Wisconsin. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/caleb-houstan-nba-draft-promise/

Houstan getting a 1st round promise would be…..something. He’s a lesser Cam Reddish. A great looking player with a great looking stroke who doesn’t actually get much done. He’s the anti-Grant Williams. 

4 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/caleb-houstan-nba-draft-promise/

Houstan getting a 1st round promise would be…..something. He’s a lesser Cam Reddish. A great looking player with a great looking stroke who doesn’t actually get much done. He’s the anti-Grant Williams. 

He's been mocked all over the place, but I had seen him mocked at 27 in one site (can't find it now).  Agree, though, that he actually doesn't get much done.  He's not great at anything and does some things poorly for a guy his size.  Seems more like he would be getting drafted on his high school rating than what he did at Michigan.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jay-bilas-jim-phillips-next-ncaa-president/dr6ldw5l5v0qhti9uvuo0m3n

Interesting article by Mike DeCourcy on the next NCAA head. Really speaks to the issues involved that he talks to 8 people in different roles around college sports and, other than some agreement on Emmert’s failure, they have very different visions of the future, some of which are not really reconcilable. 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

He's very young (just turned 19), he's 6'7/8", and he's got an NBA quality shooting stroke. 

An NBA team could do a lot worse with the last few picks of the first round.

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein reporting we will participate in the 2023 Empire Classic along with UConn, Texas and Lousville.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/uconn-indiana-texas-louisville-to-headline-2023-empire-classic/

So, Syracuse, St John’s, Temple  and Richmond this year and IU, UCONN, Texas and Louisville next year? Huh.

Where will the star power be in the B1G next season? This season we got to see the best we have since probably the 12-13 and 11-12 season in overall star type talent. Who will it be next season? Last year we seen TJD, Murray, Ivey, Kofi, Davis, Liddell, McGowens, Dickinson. 

Returning of those are just TJD and Dickinson as of now. So who replaces everyone else or will the B1G be missing out on that kind of great talent again?

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Where will the star power be in the B1G next season? This season we got to see the best we have since probably the 12-13 and 11-12 season in overall star type talent. Who will it be next season? Last year we seen TJD, Murray, Ivey, Kofi, Davis, Liddell, McGowens, Dickinson. 

Returning of those are just TJD and Dickinson as of now. So who replaces everyone else or will the B1G be missing out on that kind of great talent again?

I kind of hope the league just sucks next year. I'm so ready to get out of Archie Miller territory and start being relevant in this conference again. Plus I want to hear all our critics go from saying that we won't win because the league is too strong to saying we only win because the league is down. 

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sueing

Kris Murray

Edey

Omaruyi

Hepburn

Geronimo/Bates    ;)