Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Like it’s possible it’s a cost issue, but you’d think a UM booster could throw summer tuition at Shannon if that’s all he needed. And I don’t know if that’s the case, anyway, I don’t know that Adams can just prevent his scholarship from covering summer classes out of spite.

It seems to be more of a Michigan admission issue. Like Shannon clearly didn't need summer classes to get into Illinois. So I don't think Adams, even if he knew about it, should have to cater to Shannon just to let him go to Michigan when there are plenty of other places he could go. 

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Creighton in about an hour is probably going to add the South Dakota St kid.  They will be a top 5 team if that happens.   They were going to be good before but they should be really good next year.    Team to watch 

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I loved the idea until I read this:

The matchups would be decided by an algorithm that would ensure the best teams play the best teams. The games wouldn't be determined until the end of January.

Why does an algorithm need to decide this? Can't we just figure out a way for nonconference matchups to happen for a 5 day span in early February? 

3 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I loved the idea until I read this:

The matchups would be decided by an algorithm that would ensure the best teams play the best teams. The games wouldn't be determined until the end of January.

Why does an algorithm need to decide this? Can't we just figure out a way for nonconference matchups to happen for a 5 day span in early February? 

An algorithm SHOULD figure the teams scheduled if you are going to get 22 conferences to agree to it to remove the politicing that would take place in scheduling the games if you leave it up to the conference commisioners/coaches.  The goal would be to increase the chances for those bubble teams to have a chance to improve their resume.  Putting the schedule in stone -- i.e., say having the third best WAC school play the third best MVC school -- leaves too much open to variance from year to year.  For instance, the MWC this past year was strong....Boise St, Colorado St, San Diego St, Wyoming all made the tournament.  If the setup were to, say, have the fourth best MWC school play the fourth best MVC school this past year, then the fourth best MWC school would have nothing to gain from a win but would have probably been knocked out with a loss..

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Evansville has fired Todd Lickliter and his entire staff. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already have their guy lined up. 

That is a really tough gig.
I don’t know how they ever attract enough talent to consistently win unless someone in E’Ville has a ton of money they are willing to throw into the NIL. Campus isn’t great and it doesn’t have a nearby strip with a “college” atmosphere, they play downtown with (from what I am told) a very small student section, etc etc.

48 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Evansville has fired Todd Lickliter and his entire staff. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already have their guy lined up. 

Jeff Goodman is reporting Crean is a name to watch..I know a lot of Evansville fans have been obsessed with bringing him in to coach. Honestly think it would be a good landing spot for him. I'd go to some games!!

31 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

That is a really tough gig.
I don’t know how they ever attract enough talent to consistently win unless someone in E’Ville has a ton of money they are willing to throw into the NIL. Campus isn’t great and it doesn’t have a nearby strip with a “college” atmosphere, they play downtown with (from what I am told) a very small student section, etc etc.

It doesn't help that USI is going D1 too. They have a really nice facility out on the west side. UE needs to hit a home run with this hire. Not sure the city can really support two D1 teams..unless they both win.