Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

For approximately 2 million in NIL.   Kentucky gonna Kentucky.  Set the bar high enough to get who they want.
It's curious to me that Kentucky would be NIL champions/runner up.  I've always attributed NIKE money/agent money and WWW/Calipari connections to their recruiting wins.  So if Oscar isn't a bonafide NBA guy, is Nike still paying into this NIL because HE IS a bonafide NCAA star?  Is that enough ROI for them?  Is it boosters?  I don't imagine Kentucky Boosters run the show but maybe I underestimate them.  Lots to ponder.  

Don’t underestimate pUKe booster money. It’s REAL

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

PureDoo!

They will find a way to be competitive. They get more out of players no one ever heard about than any team I know. We think of this last season as a failure for them, but they still won 29 games and made the sweet sixteen. Pretty sure we would have been happy with that this year.

8 minutes ago, cthomas said:

They will find a way to be competitive. They get more out of players no one ever heard about than any team I know. We think of this last season as a failure for them, but they still won 29 games and made the sweet sixteen. Pretty sure we would have been happy with that this year.

I only think of it as a failure because they finally rose to #1 and only held it for a day and then got beat by a low rated mid-major in the sweet 16. It was far below expectations. Indiana matched or exceeded expectations.

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I only think of it as a failure because they finally rose to #1 and only held it for a day and then got beat by a low rated mid-major in the sweet 16. It was far below expectations. Indiana matched or exceeded expectations.

Agree, the relative expectations were completely different.

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Looks like Hubert Davis will need to try to talk some folks into dropping schollys and becoming walk-ons, too ... He's only losing one player and has a three-man recruiting class. Didn't even get to visit the portal ... 

UNC natty favorites next year? Or will they be the 2022 UCLA and underachieve the entire season

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Looks like Hubert Davis will need to try to talk some folks into dropping schollys and becoming walk-ons, too ... He's only losing one player and has a three-man recruiting class. Didn't even get to visit the portal ... 

Were they at 13 last year or did they keep some open

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Arkansas, Kansas, UCLA, Houston, Baylor in the mix. If TJD returns we are in the next 5-7 after that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

There is only 1 choice for #1 and that’s IU, 2023 National Champions

37 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wait, wait, wait.....didn't Dawson Garcia transfer?