Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I'm 43. If I had his earnings today I would retire. I don't mean sit home and watch Judge Judy all day, but definitely would not be working for anyone else. I'd be in complete control of my time and the type of things (work included) that I spend it on. 

I would do the opposite. I still have about 20 episodes of Judge Judy on my DVR to catch up on. That’s my girl.

I'm not sure where everyone stands, but I think it is a very good thing that Oscar is coming back to UK. I agree there need to be some limits on the portal and maybe eventually NIL. I just don't think it's as bad as some in the media think. I like that some of the best players are returning for another season. It makes the game better. I've always thought that if you are a 2nd round pick (especially a late one), you should probably stay in school until you graduate-which for some can be 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm not sure where everyone stands, but I think it is a very good thing that Oscar is coming back to UK. I agree there need to be some limits on the portal and maybe eventually NIL. I just don't think it's as bad as some in the media think. I like that some of the best players are returning for another season. It makes the game better. I've always thought that if you are a 2nd round pick (especially a late one), you should probably stay in school until you graduate-which for some can be 3 years. 

There is little doubt in my mind that one of the effects of NIL is that more players will stay in school.

That's outstanding news both for the players' education and for program continuity.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There is little doubt in my mind that one of the effects of NIL is that more players will stay in school.

That's outstanding news both for the players' education and for program continuity.

Agree. Again, I am one of those who prefers college over the NBA. I've just always thought that if you can still get your degree and you are a 2nd round pick, just come back and get it! Now there is a nice incentive. In the NFL most of the time guys taken on day 3 of the draft are seniors/graduate students. 

12 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Jay Wright retiring. I’m shocked and could lead to another influx of portal and decommitment  shuffling 

Surprising but I don't blame him.  If I had his money I would too. And it's not like he has anything left to prove.

2 hours ago, ib4iu said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Jay Wright retiring. I’m shocked and could lead to another influx of portal and decommitment  shuffling 

I'm shocked. I bet it's something that hit him after the season. I coach middle school basketball and that can be exhausting. Imagine coaching a big time college program. He's made 4 final fours and won 2 natty's. Probably a borderline top ten coach of all time. Realistically he probably had another run or two to win a title. But as some say, what else does he have to prove? 

3 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm shocked. I bet it's something that hit him after the season. I coach middle school basketball and that can be exhausting. Imagine coaching a big time college program. He's made 4 final fours and won 2 natty's. Probably a borderline top ten coach of all time. Realistically he probably had another run or two to win a title. But as some say, what else does he have to prove? 

I remember when Jay Wright was the guy that couldn’t get it done. But your right top of his game 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

What is up with this whole Sharpe situation with UK? UK fans are very p*ssed off

My friend told me that he told everyone that he would stay for  next year and didn’t.  They feel he lead them on. Whatever. 

24 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

My friend told me that he told everyone that he would stay for  next year and didn’t.  They feel he lead them on. Whatever. 

I see, my UK friends talked about it recently, but I didn’t really know what was going at the time. I guess there is a shady academic thing being involved too regarding his eligibility 

8 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'll bet diehard Iowa fans will be as happy as pigs in **** to see Connor McCaffery's 17 minute, 2 and a half point per game, 35% career shooting worthless @$$ back for a sixth year.

I'm laughing harder that Connor is freaking verified. Thank goodness the fake Connor McCaffery didn't tease his return.

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein reporting Zach Edey will return to Manure U next season.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

BRING BACK MICHAEL DU....

ehhh, never mind.

Giddy at the thought of IU making Edey guard a pick ‘n’ roll every time down, or Painter taking him off the court to avoid that