Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow.  I'm surprised big time.  Illinois decided not to pony up enough money to keep him?  

I'm a little surprised too. I don't think he gets drafted. Opens the door up even more for Trayce to win B1G player of the year. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm a little surprised too. I don't think he gets drafted. Opens the door up even more for Trayce to win B1G player of the year. 

Three players who made any all-conference team return, or could, pending further announcements: TJD, Hunter Dickinson, and Edey. Always possible someone has a Keita Bates-Diop put-of-nowhere year, but if the first two come back, player of the year has two heavy favorites.

Outside chances: Nigel Pack, if he transfers into conference, Malik Hall or Max Christie if they take a leap…not seeing tons of other candidates.

5 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Three players who made any all-conference team return, or could, pending further announcements: TJD, Hunter Dickinson, and Edey. Always possible someone has a Keita Bates-Diop put-of-nowhere year, but if the first two come back, player of the year has two heavy favorites.

Outside chances: Nigel Pack, if he transfers into conference, Malik Hall or Max Christie if they take a leap…not seeing tons of other candidates.

Yeah I remember thinking after the season the B1G would lose a lot of players due to graduation and the NBA. Indiana probably returns the most talent-especially if Trayce returns. They'll have him, two honorable mention guys coming back, and two 5 stars. Add that with our bench guys too. They have to finished in the top 4 in our conference next year. Not always but year two is a really good indicator of your current coach in college sports. (I lost faith in CAM during that long losing streak in his second year) I never want to say Indiana has to win X amount of games in the tournament. But, they should be a top team in the B1G and give them a chance to make a run in March. 

Just now, lillurk said:

Now on a team level, Kofi leaving is a huge blow for Illinois. Using Torvik’s rostercast, they dropped from #5 to #29 next year.

Pending stay/go decisions, Torvik’s early predictor puts 5 B1G teams in the top 25: Michigan, IU, MSU, Purdue, Iowa.

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Now on a team level, Kofi leaving is a huge blow for Illinois. Using Torvik’s rostercast, they dropped from #5 to #29 next year.

Pending stay/go decisions, Torvik’s early predictor puts 5 B1G teams in the top 25: Michigan, IU, MSU, Purdue, Iowa.

Wow, I'll be stunned if Illinois is even that good...I can't see them making the tournament. They lost a lot outside of Kofi. I can see Michigan, IU, MSU, and Purdue. IDK about Iowa. 

26 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Xavier Johnson :92:

Cockburn was quoted earlier this month as saying he doesn't care if he goes undrafted. He believes in himself, etc, etc. 

He has tried the last two years to get out of Central Illinois. 

No surprise. 

30 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

The B1G is adding the Target Center in Minny to the tournament rotation starting with the women next year and the men in 2024. Was the O2 Arena in London booked solid through 2050?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I go to the tournament every year it is Indy and Chicago.  Never in New York or DC.  Can’t see going to Minneapolis.  If it’s not going to be centrally located, expect it to be barren.

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

And Torvik has 4 of Illinois' top 7 players being freshman, so that is a pretty tenuous #29.

Prior to Kofi's announcement, this was Lunardi's early projected Big Ten placement for next year's NCAA tournament:

3 seed:  Michigan

4 seed:  Purdue, Illinois

5 seed:  Michigan State

6 seed:  Indiana

7 seed:  Ohio State

8 seed:  Iowa

First four out:  Wisconsin

--------------------

My expectation:  Illinois drops quite a bit, probably to like a 9, with Kofi gone.  Wisconsin....I think we have finally seen the run of tournaments end.  They've been left for dead before, but Davis and Davison being gone is a lot.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

And Torvik has 4 of Illinois' top 7 players being freshman, so that is a pretty tenuous #29.

Prior to Kofi's announcement, this was Lunardi's early projected Big Ten placement for next year's NCAA tournament:

3 seed:  Michigan

4 seed:  Purdue, Illinois

5 seed:  Michigan State

6 seed:  Indiana

7 seed:  Ohio State

8 seed:  Iowa

First four out:  Wisconsin

--------------------

My expectation:  Illinois drops quite a bit, probably to like a 9, with Kofi gone.  Wisconsin....I think we have finally seen the run of tournaments end.  They've been left for dead before, but Davis and Davison being gone is a lot.

They missed the tourney just a few years ago where they won like 15 games. But looking like it could a tough year for them without Davis and the crotch goblin. 

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

Diabate at Michigan is my dark horse. He's going to be REALLY good

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Nope. Wisconsin has proven me wrong too many times.

Hepburn, Wahl, and Crowl will be their anchors and they will find a way.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Oscar returning to Kentucky. 

Dear lord, the dude must be pulling in a boatload of NIL money. How can you improve your stock after winning NPOY?

On the flip side, while I don’t like seeing UK improve, I think moves like this and Bacot make it easier for TJD to return.