Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Never dreamed I'd ever be rooting for UNC, but it actually kinda makes sense. As IU fans, we're primed to root for an African-American coach named Davis who speaks with a southern accent and was a former assistant who took over from a legendary white-haired Hall of Fame coach and subsequently took the team to the national championship game in his first year or two on the job.

I'm betting there are others I'm forgetting but that's a pretty surprising number of parallels just off the top of my head.

28 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This crew is awful. Nantz is great for the NFL and Golf. But he shouldn't get rewarded for calling 3 basketball games before the tournament. CBS puts the worst people on for this tournament...Kellogg is really the only one I like. 

Nantz is already deleting pimento cheese sandwiches and workshopping 72nd hole one-liners. I don’t blame him, but yeah this crew is big bad. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Nantz is already deleting pimento cheese sandwiches and workshopping 72nd hole one-liners. I don’t blame him, but yeah this crew is big bad. 

I really like Ian Eagle. College basketball is the only big sport where the people who really cover it all year don't play a part in the postseason. Outside of Kellogg and freakin Seth Davis. That has to change. I said it yesterday but give the Field of 68 guys a listen. They did a great job this week. I think they'll start to really take off soon. College hoops lacks the coverage in general. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I really like Ian Eagle. College basketball is the only big sport where the people who really cover it all year don't play a part in the postseason. Outside of Kellogg and freakin Seth Davis. That has to change. I said it yesterday but give the Field of 68 guys a listen. They did a great job this week. I think they'll start to really take off soon. College hoops lacks the coverage in general. 

Dauster started field of 68 after NBC sports fired him during the pandemic.  Goodman helped him get it started.   Fantastic coverage of college basketball that’s only been up and running for 2 years.  They have an after show every night during the season with different young guys.   

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dauster started field of 68 after NBC sports fired him during the pandemic.  Goodman helped him get it started.   Fantastic coverage of college basketball that’s only been up and running for 2 years.  They have an after show every night during the season with different young guys.   

Yep! and I bet they'll expand. I wasn't the biggest Goodman fan a year ago but he's solid. I hope they add some Big Ten guys next year to cover. 

16 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

We can hate Raftery's cliche bingo card but at least he covers games throughout the year. I don't think Grant Hill watches a college game until the B1G tournament.

Yeah he's a legend for sure. Just kind of got tired of him. A lot like Berman on ESPN. Just don't like him on the #1 CBS crew. Agree on Hill.