Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Our 5 starters in 1981.

Three of our five 1981 starters were Burger Boys including a hall of fame NBA player.

Another starter, Wittman, was a 10 year NBA player and Jim Thomas played a few (unremarkable) years in the NBA. Compare that to our recent rosters.

Incredible that team lost 9 games, but rolled through the NCAA tournament with a 20+ point win margin.

One heck of a college basketball game 

And with all the stipulations coming in with K losing last game at Cameron to them, and this being first time they met in the tournament, with it being K’s last game if they lost AND it being for a title berth…it had to be a crazy game. Glad it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

Incredible that team lost 9 games, but rolled through the NCAA tournament with a 20+ point win margin.

It was. The closest game was a 13 point win over UNC in the final.

What a great game and glad Duke lost. It is funny that our fans argue about who our 13th and 13th players are on our roster.  None of the final four teams played more than 7 or 8 guys so there is no need to worry about the end of the roster. You find your 7 or 8 best players and play them because you need to have your best players on the court at all time.

Glad rat face lost to UNC tonight. That’s excellent. Problem is, UNC is equally if not more corrupt.

I remember when we recruited Caleb Love AND RJ Davis. Wow. Those dudes can ball. Love is hot/cold but when he’s hot, lookout.

Two top $$$$$$$$$ programs playing for the ‘ship. You pay to play the game. The rest are just playing exhibitions. It’s been this way for a while, and that is why the Cinderella upsets are still so cool.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Glad rat face lost to UNC tonight. That’s excellent. Problem is, UNC is equally if not more corrupt.

I remember when we recruited Caleb Love AND RJ Davis. Wow. Those dudes can ball. Love is hot/cold but when he’s hot, lookout.

Two top $$$$$$$$$ programs playing for the ‘ship. You pay to play the game. The rest are just playing exhibitions. It’s been this way for a while, and that is why the Cinderella upsets are still so cool.

Been saying for years, we need to pay to play. You have too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Idk about anyone else here but I was rooting for UNC. I was glad he didn’t get to go out on top

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I enjoyed watching UNC beat him in his last home game and in the FF.

Despite the programs and the highly paid rosters, that was a helluva game last night. Both teams making plays and shots. So much passion. Money being public in college ball won’t ruin the game. These kids still want to showout for family, school, scouts, etc, etc. sometimes you get a great game with semipro players.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Despite the programs and the highly paid rosters, that was a helluva game last night. Both teams making plays and shots. So much passion. Money being public in college ball won’t ruin the game. These kids still want to showout for family, school, scouts, etc, etc. sometimes you get a great game with semipro players.

UNC is just hot as can right now. Love probably has the best shot at making an NBA roster but the team as a whole is really clicking. Duke though, there are at least 4 dudes who will make it and at least 3 that'll get drafted first round. Roach and Williams definitely need to come back. Banchero, Griffin and unfortunately Moore are gone(I say unfortunately because he's a hard player to dislike. Has stuck around til his Junior year. Was actually the only Duke player to go through the handshake line for whatever that's worth).