Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Wisconsin guard Johnny Davis has won the Lute Olsen National Player of the Year Award.  He averaged 19.7 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game, and 2.1 assists per game this season, while shooting 42.7 percent from the field.

Kentucky's Oscar Tshiebwe has been named AP National Player of the Year, per release.

Arizona's Tommy Lloyd has been named AP National Coach of the Year, per release.

I’m not sure where to put this and please move it to where it should be.

The woman’s final four is tonight. Stanford coach is IU alumnus Tara VanDerveer who played at IU in 73,74, and 75.Went in the IU Hall of Fame in 95. I read where she used to attend Bob Knight practices. Did she like it here? Did we ever try to get her as a coach? Can we ask her to donate money? I hardly ever her anything about her. Any older members know more than me?

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m not sure where to put this and please move it to where it should be.

The woman’s final four is tonight. Stanford coach is IU alumnus Tara VanDerveer who played at IU in 73,74, and 75.Went in the IU Hall of Fame in 95. I read where she used to attend Bob Knight practices. Did she like it here? Did we ever try to get her as a coach? Can we ask her to donate money? I hardly ever her anything about her. Any older members know more than me?

Play at IU from 1972-75, I’m sure at one point we reached out, Stanford probably gave her a nice raise to keep her coming here (pure speculation). But we got Money Moren!

I don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but sounds like Brad Davison will be allowed to come back for a 6th year.  That guy is like a cockroach, or bed bugs, you can’t get rid of, from what I hear about them!  He is just as nasty as them too!

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

I don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but sounds like Brad Davison will be allowed to come back for a 6th year.  That guy is like a cockroach, or bed bugs, you can’t get rid of, from what I hear about them!  He is just as nasty as them too!

I believe someone posted earlier that was an April fool's joke.  Good thing, it's getting to the point they'd have to have senior citizen night for his last home game.

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This April Fool wore out hours ago.

It was posted on The Daily Hoosier and I read through the article but didn’t read clear down to the bottom.  That was a darn good April Fool’s joke.  I admit, it got me pretty good!  Ha, ha, ha!!!

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2022/3/31/mens-basketball-davison-to-return-to-wisconsin-for-sixth-season.aspx

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

Is there anybody in the world who enjoys Bill Raftery's "Team X goes man to man" call at the start of games?  It's so dumb

I think that every time I hear it.

I guarantee the play by play guy (Jim Nantz in this case) thinks "Why do I have to wait for him to say this?"

Is there anybody in the world who enjoys Bill Raftery's "Team X goes man to man" call at the start of games?  It's so dumb

No. He has been doing that since the knight days and back then I laughed now it reminds me of the good Ole days. Yes I enjoy it

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk