Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

25 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Never seen this video, but what a thing of beauty!

I'm not very knowledgable about the mechanics of basketball... but that wouldn't work too well again a zone right?

4 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Never seen this video, but what a thing of beauty!

Which more teams would run something similar.  Nothing ruins a game fore seeing so much dribbling. The offensive game in college basketball is so bad right now and has become almost unwatchable.

4 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

I'm not very knowledgable about the mechanics of basketball... but that wouldn't work too well again a zone right?

It can.  Here is a video of North Carolina playing against a zone -- they break the zone down almost exclusively with cuts, passes and screens and very little dribbling.  They do miss some open shots in the video, but they're getting looks.

4 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

I would argue it is the best way to defeat a zone. Movement (both players & the ball) get the defense out of position, leading to open shots, including layups. Now, if you can't hit open shots like....some team we know and love, that hampers you, since the D just sags and lets you clang shots. 

5 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

The best way to to go against the zone is by passing and cutting into the middle of the zone.

5 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

As others have said, this would work against a zone.  It'd keep the defense moving and shifting and unable to get set, which would lead to post opportunities or looks from range.

Our Crean teams stunk against the zone because didn't move and pass enough letting it get set.

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The best way to to go against the zone is by passing and cutting into the middle of the zone.

Always have a player in the middle,  passing in and out with the ability to score either from that player or the perimeter 

If you guys are into podcast at all I would HIGHLY recommend listening to yesterdays episode of Pardon My Take. Buzz Williams (Texas A&M's head coach) was on and it was one of the best interviews I've ever listened to. Skip to the 48:00 mark and get past the first few questions. The guys interviewing are comedians for the most part so don't let the first couple questions kind of detour you. Buzz Williams is an amazing person and a role model. He talks about his daily routine, what he holds himself to-accountability wise, and to and what his "dreams" are/is. Really, really good. I really picked up a couple things from him that I would like to try to incorporate into my own life. 

Edited by Hoosier2016