Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

Hopefully we get that tomorrow. If you broaden your mind IU has the last remaining team in the state in the tourney tomorrow. You should be just as happy for that win as any.

Jaden Ivey may be out of the NCAAs, but Mother Ivey has Notre Dame in the Sweet 16. Odds are long, but they could play us in the Elite Eight. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Glad we won't have to see it, because tonight's outcome was far more preferable, but the winner of this game would have run Purdue out of the gym. There were people saying Purdue had a "clear path" to the title game after Gonzaga lost last night. I seriously question if those people watch basketball. 

I like both of these UNC and UCLA teams. But there’s no universe in which they aren’t the easier route than having to go through a kansas or Nova/houston or ark/duke type bracket. 

A 14, 6, 15, and then a 4/8 seed is one of the easiest paths to the FF any way you look at it. 

37 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

It's hilarious how I've read a few bring us up in this and say "at least all our players are transferring out".

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The funny thing is that at this point their players wouldn’t have been in the portal because they were still playing.  Guess they don’t remember Aaron Wheeler from last year.  He’s absolutely a player they could have used this year…could say that Purdue was an Aaron Wheeler away from beating St. Peter’s.

Also they might want to wait and see on Brandon Newman this year.

St.Peter’s 19 fouls, Purdue 18.  Two of Purdue fouls were intentional to put St.Peter’s on the line.

Loved every minute of this game. It was in their heads, players and fans. They tweeted about being 3-13 against these officials before the game. Lol. Make that 3-14 now PurLosers

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Guards carry teams in the tournament. UNC has a couple really good ones. 

We tried recruiting both Love and Davis to Indiana. Go figure. Maybe when/if we finally start landing multiple top talents we will have our shot. Trayce has done his best to be a one man machine for years.

This UNC roster was always stacked. Underperformed all year. Gonna be UNC/Duke rematch in the final 4.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We tried recruiting both Love and Davis to Indiana. Go figure. Maybe when/if we finally start landing multiple top talents we will have our shot. Trayce has done his best to be a one man machine for years.

This UNC roster was always stacked. Underperformed all year. Gonna be UNC/Duke rematch in the final 4.

Torn on if I want UNC/Duke in the FF. It would be awesome to see UNC be the team to end K’s career, but I don’t want to hear about that matchup for a week and I’m so dang tired of hearing about him. I also think Arkansas is on enough of a heater to beat Duke. That’ll be a fun game. 

Agree about UNC. Amazing what that win at Cameron did for them. I thought it was going to get ugly for Hubert there for a while.