Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You are way more dedicated basketball fan than me because I have no desire watching the CBI or the NIT

That’s too bad because you would be missing out on some really good college basketball games.    I love all college basketball not just the main brands.  It’s why I will watch every small conference game if it’s on.  

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

That’s too bad because you would be missing out on some really good college basketball games.    I love all college basketball not just the main brands.  It’s why I will watch every small conference game if it’s on.  

I like watching mid major games in the regular season and conference tournaments.  I just don't care about these tournaments unless IU was in the NIT

Because, I suppose, I'm an IU fan/grad, the Archie Miller/URI press conference popped up on YouTube. Just out of curiosity's sake, I skimmed through it. Was struck that at the end, he referred to his time at the University of Dayton, which was followed by his "second spot."  

"That is the thing I was most proud of at Dayton -- the consistency we had. And the tremendous support. Unbelievable support. Great friends. Then I moved to a second spot and had a press conference. And I was popular -- but only at the beginning."

Again, I didn't watch the whole thing, but that seemed to be his only mention of IU. Guess I don't blame him. Probably don't want to focus too much on what most consider to be an abject failure.

I guess it's natural to feel a little bitter at a place that fired you. It would be interesting to get him full of truth serum and get his thoughts on his time here. Did he feel hamstrung by the administration? When (if ever in his mind) did he feel it wasn't working? Was a Power 5 job at a "blueblood" program more than he was ready for? Did he not feel like he was getting support? Did he not make any friends from the IU and/or the Bloomington communities? 

I was frustrated with his tenure at times, but for the most part, was on board up until that last season. To go 12-15 in Year 4 was unacceptable, IMO. 

I've got nothing against him (unlike a lot of people on this site). I sincerely think he tried his best -- just wasn't the right fit. I hope he does well at URI. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

South Carolina board approved Lamont Paris’ contract to become their next head basketball coach.  Paris will make $2.2 million a year with an increase of $100K each year.  Paris’ salary was $250,000 at UT-C

Crazy they had to spend that much to get Lamont Paris. They were better off keeping Frank Martin, but message board fans think it has to potential to be a top 10 job in all of college basketball. 

Is everyone preparing for Purdue to finally make a Final Four? I hate to say it but I think they destroy St. Peters and get by UCLA/UNC. How damn lucky with the draw they've had!! SMH!!!!!

8 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Is everyone preparing for Purdue to finally make a Final Four? I hate to say it but I think they destroy St. Peters and get by UCLA/UNC. How damn lucky with the draw they've had!! SMH!!!!!

They did get a great draw, but I think UNC handles them with how well they've been playing lately.

Still, they'll get to another elite 8 which means Butler, ND, and Purdue will get to 2 Elite 8s since we've been to our last one.

33 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Had a feeling that's where this was headed ever since UK lost. 

Words can't describe how much I hate that every year at this time I'm reading stories about coaching staff/roster turnover while waiting for Purdue to lose. 

On 3/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, Honkyman said:

Road Rage said: "Pulling for Memphis over the Zags...just don't care for 'em!"

Yea, I'm a big fan of Penny Hardaway's coaching and recruiting styles, too. Hardway has displayed so much more class at Memphis than Gonzaga's Mark Few.

Like I said....I just don't care for them!:103: