Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Yohan Traore de-commits from LSU. Maybe the most physically gifted kid in the ‘22 class. Widely assumed to be an Auburn flip. Going from Will Wade to Bruce Pearl. Uh huh.

Double pay day! Doesn’t get any better in the college game!!

Turned on the TV for the first time today and it just so happened be on the B1G Network. They were showing the Maryland-Kevin Willard introduction. He claims he was offered four jobs -- and wanted the Twerps gig the most. 

In 12 years at Seton Hall he was .... 

225-161 overall (.563)
105-113 Big East (.482)

Pretty unremarkable. I understand he's got a bit of a pedigree because of his father, but I don't get it. Why would he be such a hot commodity? 

(Of course, for all we know -- those other offers could've been from Rhode Island, Tulsa and UMass, so who knows?)

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Armaan Franklin just hit back-to-back 3s to give U.Va. a 5-point lead over St. Bonnie with just under 3 minutes left in the NIT.

This game hasn't been pretty, though. 

St Bonaventure  wins it.  Clark gets blocked at the buzzer.    College basketball delivering in the NIT 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Came here to post this! More info at the link: https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/03/23/adidas-name-image-likeness-network

I usually wish we had Nike but adidas has a head start here. Additionally, the mention of using affiliate links makes me think we’ll be more likely to be able to buy adidas gear the team(s) wear.

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Actually was watching that game last night when that happened. I don't see that as a charge -- or a block. I see that as very deserving of a flop warning. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Actually was watching that game last night when that happened. I don't see that as a charge -- or a block. I see that as very deserving of a flop warning. 

I'm not even sure why he flopped. The offensive player definitely pushed off. Really no need to sell it like that. Though refs are god awful at calling push offs like that.