Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I can’t decide…is the Big Ten overrated again or is this what was expected? I say kind of both. Definitely overrated but I also expected a solid first round and then a big flame out. 

Definitely expected.  Until they change they way they call games during the year this will be the norm for the conference each year   In all my money brackets I had all but 1 team out after the first round 

K State hiring Jerome Tang, Scott Drew’s Associate HC, per Borzello. Interesting choice by Tang. That’s not the easiest gig and I imagine he might have been in play for a better one. But he’s been in the Big 12 for a hundred years, so he knows what he’s getting in to. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely expected.  Until they change they way they call games during the year this will be the norm for the conference each year   In all my money brackets I had all but 1 team out after the first round 

Honestly curious if a Michigan and/or Purdue run would make the powers at be resist that change. I have a feeling it would. Oddly enough the physical and tough conference play seems to be engrained in the marketing

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Honestly curious if a Michigan and/or Purdue run would make the powers at be resist that change. I have a feeling it would. Oddly enough they physical and tough conference play seems to be engrained in the marketing

I honestly don’t ever see them changing.  You would think getting embarrassed each March would cause a change but nothing 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I honestly don’t ever see them changing.  You would think getting embarrassed each March would cause a change but nothing 

They've been close to a championship, which I'm sure is reason enough to cite that they are knocking on the door, but watching the other top teams play it's a noticeably different brand of basketball being played